PDA

View Full Version : Over achieving ejection charge

roktdad
11-24-2007, 06:03 PM
I got a chance to launch my newest Gyroc clone today.

The first was on an a8-3 and went great. The second was on a B6-4. It stayed in sight but looked a little funny coming down. My daughter retrieved it, but announced I would not be happy and said something about the nose cone.

I thought perhaps it some how fell off or the tube burst. Imagine my surprise to see the charge split the nosecone in half and burst the tube (pictures below).

Guess I'll get a small section of tube, a new nose cone and an extender and try to rebuild.

tbzep
11-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I got a chance to launch my newest Gyroc clone today.

The first was on an a8-3 and went great. The second was on a B6-4. It stayed in sight but looked a little funny coming down. My daughter retrieved it, but announced I would not be happy and said something about the nose cone.

I thought perhaps it some how fell off or the tube burst. Imagine my surprise to see the charge split the nosecone in half and burst the tube (pictures below).

Guess I'll get a small section of tube, a new nose cone and an extender and try to rebuild.

Did the motor not kick out?

barone
11-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Did the motor not kick out?
I was thinking the same thing but it doesn't look like that motor has a nozzle. If it didn't kick out, I can understand the damage....

roktdad
11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes the motor did kick out.

We recovered it and I put in back in so I would not lose it, should I need a lot number or some such when I report it to Estes

tbzep
11-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes the motor did kick out.

We recovered it and I put in back in so I would not lose it, should I need a lot number or some such when I report it to Estes

How tight does it fit?

Rocket Doctor
11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Contact Estes customer srvice 1-800-525-7561 X 216, talk to Christine, she should be able to help you out.

We had discussed the "shot gun" ejection charges on the former Estes Froum, and, all of the brass at Estes had been given the feedback, I can assure you about that !!!!!!!!!!