PDA

View Full Version : BT-60 size gemini or titan nose cones/parts

zrs4
12-07-2007, 02:25 AM
im looking to trade for or buy at least one blow molded titan II missile nose cone..also interested in any bt-60 size gemini nose cones..

gstarraider
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Have you tried moldin oldies

http://moldinoldies.rocketshoppe.com/additionalparts.htm

zrs4
12-08-2007, 01:28 PM
yep-sure did and he is not producing or shipping.

I have been stuck on these for a while

Because it takes me at least 2 to get what I'm looking

For as an end product.

I can see clearly now that all parts should be available

And I will eventually have a pristine

Gemini and the Titan 2 with parts to spare.

I also am picking up the casting kit today and

Printing the pictures of which there are many now posted

In this forum. The balsa nose cones should be on the way

By now so I can finish 2 nice versions of that one

This site has been a gold mine of help

Tim

rocketguy101
12-08-2007, 02:14 PM
zrs4
Here are some shots my nephew and I took on our tour of the Titan Missile Museum in Tucson AZ. Since we were shooting through glass, it was hard to get good angles and avoid reflections. We were able to see about 180 degrees of the bird from the lower level--I wish we could have gone out on the walkways in the silo to get better angles!!!

zrs4
12-08-2007, 05:35 PM
these reference photos can't be beat!

And the nose cones from sandman just arrived

And they look fantastic.

Also got the alumilite casting kit today

...the thrusters could be cloned from either

The old estes which I now have thanks to eagle or the

Topping Titan...which is the same also.

I have to be busy so thats going to slow things down for

A week. But the graphics could be worked on during that time.

This thread is really turning into a prime resource thread thanks

To you guys..

Ps. Roachworks rocks! Thanks again sandman!

Tim

sandman
12-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Tim,

Thanks you. I'm glad you liked them.

I just found my Gemini Titan nose cone that I "copied" off of an original I borrowed.

Unfortunately it seems that the shoulder may have been caught in a drawer the shoulder part is kinda "rough". I think I made this thing like 6 or 7 years ago. (I'll just fix and keep this one. :rolleyes:

I never got around to cutting the window indents but those should be easy.

Sorry it took me so long to find it...it was stuck in a drawer. :o

I've made several different sizes of these in the past...I forget to who but i have a tone of scale drawings on it.

This one was matched exactly to a blow molded Estes BT-60 Gemini Titan cone.

dwmzmm
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Tim,

Thanks you. I'm glad you liked them.

I just found my Gemini Titan nose cone that I "copied" off of an original I borrowed.

Unfortunately it seems that the shoulder may have been caught in a drawer the shoulder part is kinda "rough". I think I made this thing like 6 or 7 years ago. (I'll just fix and keep this one. :rolleyes:

I never got around to cutting the window indents but those should be easy.

Sorry it took me so long to find it...it was stuck in a drawer. :o

I've made several different sizes of these in the past...I forget to who but i have a tone of scale drawings on it.

This one was matched exactly to a blow molded Estes BT-60 Gemini Titan cone.

That's a very nice looking Gemini with adapter, Sandman! Would have been great if the
classic Estes (now PDRocketry) kits used this as the nosecone for their models instead of
just the balsa Gemini/paper shroud for the equipment & retro rocket modules. As for
cutting the window indents, that was the more scarier job while building my PDRocketry
GT-3. You can read my product review of the PDRocketry Gemini - Titan 3 kit in EMRR for
more details.

zrs4
12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks Sandman--i would like to order 2 of those gemini capsules of the kind you just showed if thats alright..one for display and one to fly--

i will pm you later today when i get to one of my stops..

the casting set looks very familiar, i just have to be home long enough to actually do it..

i was making a mercury capsule from the larger mercury kit..using more flat paints and it has the escape rocket on top.

the original bt-60 blow molded capsule is pretty nice, but almost impossible to find..im pretty sure that if i carefully prime and paint the balsa version it can look just as nice..

i need to work on some strategies for applying the panel lines and other detail.. on other scale models i have used art pens or pencils and applied decals with solvents ..then clear or dull coat them..

the fine lines on these presents a challenge..any techniques anyone would care to share ??

Tim