PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dope Wanted

mojo1986
12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I would like to buy a can of AeroGloss silver dope. Or, if someone needs a particular color, I might be able to trade for it as I have black, white, red, yellow, orange and blue for sure, possibly also green. I also have sanding sealer and balsa filler in 8 oz cans (you can never have too much of this stuff!), as well as Testors yellow and red in 1 oz bottles. Looking for an 8 oz can of the silver. PM me if you want to sell or trade.

Joe

ghrocketman
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately, silver is one of the colors of Aero Gloss I can't spare....I'm down to only a single Quart can and two 8oz cans.
Keep an eye on ebay...it shows up there sometimes.

If you want a source for new silver dope, try Brodak....they have more colors of butyrate dope now than Aero Gloss ever did.

Rocket Doctor
12-14-2007, 05:23 AM
I would like to buy a can of AeroGloss silver dope. Or, if someone needs a particular color, I might be able to trade for it as I have black, white, red, yellow, orange and blue for sure, possibly also green. I also have sanding sealer and balsa filler in 8 oz cans (you can never have too much of this stuff!), as well as Testors yellow and red in 1 oz bottles. Looking for an 8 oz can of the silver. PM me if you want to sell or trade.

Joe

Try Sig Manufacturing Co.

www.sigmfg.com

ghrocketman
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Colors are getting really hard to come by from Sig as well due to the fact that the same plant also supplied Pactra Aero Gloss color dope. That plant burned down a few years ago and is NOT being rebuilt.
All Sig color dope is new old stock, not new production.
The may/may not have silver available....I do know very few colors are still available from Sig even though they are in the catalog.

A better source is Brodak....their dope is new production from Randolph Products (full scale aircraft dope maker) that is repackaged. They have TONS of colors that includes not one, but TWO different silvers.

http://www.brodak.com/shop.php?CategoryID=271

mojo1986
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the info..............I can get the silver from Brodak.

Joe