PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List

Rocket Doctor
12-18-2007, 05:28 AM
What would be your top five rocketry items on your Christmas Wish List?

tbzep
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM
1. Somebody else to do my sanding for me.
2. Somebody else to do my sanding for me.
3. Somebody else to do my sanding for me.
4. Somebody else to do my sanding for me.
5. Somebody else to do my sanding for me.

Other than that, I'd like to see all of the classic companies and their lines of rockets, motors, and accessories to return. I can't really think of any individual items, other than some OOP motors.

Rocketflyer
12-18-2007, 07:27 AM
What would be your top five rocketry items on your Christmas Wish List?

A launch tower for LPR to low HPR, H-I.

Kits...most of 'em :)

and tbzep has it right! (How about sealing too?) :D

kurtschachner
12-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Actually I don't mind sanding all that much, it is the painting that I wish someone would do. Someone who is good at it.

Rocket Doctor
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Other than that, I'd like to see all of the classic companies and their lines of rockets, motors, and accessories to return. I can't really think of any individual items, other than some OOP motors.

1 Black & Decker
2 Black & Decker
3 Black & Decker
4 Black & Decker
5 Black & Decker

Rocket Doctor
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
1 Hit the Lottery
2 Buy Estes
3 Make changes
4 Turn it back into a true Model Rocket Company
5 Come out with new kits with balsa, and new and oop motors

Ltvscout
12-18-2007, 07:59 AM
And painting... Two things I hate most.

chanstevens
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
1 Hit the Lottery
2 Buy Estes
3 Make changes
4 Turn it back into a true Model Rocket Company
5 Come out with new kits with balsa, and new and oop motors

Heck, why not invest that money into funding 10-15 startups rather than fixing Estes? I think we're a lot better off with "companies" like Semroc, Flis, Hawk's, Sirius, Qmodeling, SquirrelWerks, Red River, etc. The nobel prize in economics a few years ago went to a guy who promoted the concept of micro lending--sometimes $500 in the right place is a more powerful lever than $100,000 in the wrong place.

Back on topic--my wish list is littered with rockets--Andromeda, Super Orbital Transport, Mega Red Baron, P-Chuter Extreme, etc. I already cheated and bought the new Flis releases, but now Semroc comes out and offers up $85 worth of new goodies (without even getting into the rumored parts packs that sound like a sweet deal). to paraphrase Jim F, seems like the more I build the behinder I get...

sandman
12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Heck, why not invest that money into funding 10-15 startups rather than fixing Estes? I think we're a lot better off with "companies" like Semroc, Flis, Hawk's, Sirius, Qmodeling, SquirrelWerks, Red River, etc. The nobel prize in economics a few years ago went to a guy who promoted the concept of micro lending--sometimes $500 in the right place is a more powerful lever than $100,000 in the wrong place.

Back on topic--my wish list is littered with rockets--Andromeda, Super Orbital Transport, Mega Red Baron, P-Chuter Extreme, etc. I already cheated and bought the new Flis releases, but now Semroc comes out and offers up $85 worth of new goodies (without even getting into the rumored parts packs that sound like a sweet deal). to paraphrase Jim F, seems like the more I build the behinder I get...

As a side note about what we all want.

Just a few years ago if you wanted something "new" in the line of model rockets you were rather limited by what was offered from Estes, Quest or even some stuff from Custom.

Now...heck I can't afford to keep up with what's new! :eek:

SEMROC
FlisKits
Hawk
Estes (Interceptor and Der Red Max)
PDR
Roachwerks (me :D )
Squirrel Works
Sirius
Sunward
Apogee
Dr. Zooch
Pemberton
Sheri
yadda yadda yadda...

The last time I checked I had well over 75 models on my "To Do" list.

And about 150 more stored in boxes that aren't even on the stoopid list yet!

I could sure use a new tie. :o or maybe a belt.

I know...a new pole barn to store my stuff in and have room for a new heated shop!

About 50 ft. by 75 ft. two stories should work.

Rocket Doctor
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM

There's a few employees that I would like to have the opportunity to FIRE !!!!

Green Dragon
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

hmm.. how much you want to pay ? :D

( I am out of work, well, back part time for now), you know ....

as for painting - I love painting, so when it warms up, feel free to send em along, I'll see what I can do :)

~ AL

Green Dragon
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
wish list, wish list. hmm....

well, how's about:

1 - 5'6" ish, brunette if possible, mid-late 20's ?, personable, likes rockets and/ or hot rods

2 - steady work, with a large raise :)

3 - warmer weather

4 - agree with Sandman's pole barn idea, upstairs for rockets / workshop / machine shop , dowstairs for the 63,72 and 76 Nova's :)

5 - hmm.. abolish the ATF regulations on rocketry.

baring any of the above (hey, we can dream, right ? :D) , I'd settle for something more realistic, like :

- Semroc Mars Lander or Saturn 1B

- Q Modelling Mars Snooper II

- many other cool sci-fi kits from Red River, Sirius,Fliskits, etc

- Dr Zooch Soyuz

- Sheri's Saturn V kit ( is she included ? see # 1 above ;) )

I;d post my address so someone can send me the goodies, but santa knows everything :D

~ AL

Vanel
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Amen!!!!

Phred
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
OK: Here goes:

1) The new Sirius SS Cestris (on the way... thanks to Mom)
2) The new 'Groonies' from SEMROC (from myself... after Christmas is OK!)
3) Some of those Chinese 'SKY' brand 'scale' models that Apogee is importing.
4) an unopened, pre-Damon, pre-hang tag, bagged Alpa kit. (wishing)
5) A new ALPS MD-5000 decal printer. (really wishing)

Ph

stefanj
12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
dear santa i want my puppy to wake up. he went to sleep last week when skeeter and i wer giving him rides in the clothes dryer and he wont wake up

also I want a SLS Lil' Hustler and a pony

James Pierson
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
A Better Rocksim Program ;) .

(1) Fix program for Ring Fins
(2) Fix program for Tube Fins
(3) Allow outter pods & nose cones
(4) Allow for non-center fins
(5) Automatic Detailed Instruction Printing with Graphics & Decals :D

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

CPMcGraw
12-19-2007, 12:18 AM
A Better Rocksim Program ;) .

(1) Fix program for Ring Fins
(2) Fix program for Tube Fins
(3) Allow outter pods & nose cones
(4) Allow for non-center fins
(5) Automatic Detailed Instruction Printing with Graphics & Decals :D

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

(6) A multi-threaded version for LINUX Clusters
(7) A better image renderer with 3D movie quality (Blender or Maya)
(8) A better fin pattern tool (with image scaling capability, Horz & Vert)
(9) A nacelle pattern creation tool (for cutting and folding square/rectangular cardstock items)
(10) Fix the positioning problem with image wraps
(11) Improved NC and transition creation, to allow for parts like the BC-760
(12) Ability to directly export patterns to Carl's Krellvenator without intermediary software
(13) Improved ability to edit centering rings
(14) 3D and 2D renderings of other parts, like screw eyes, engine hooks, snap swivels, Kevlar threads, elastic chords, etc...

Mark II
12-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year. Well, OK, I've tried to be one anyway. Most of the time. And not always when it was convenient, either. Well, alright, maybe once or twice when it was less than convenient. Oh, come on! - I did at least think about being good once or twice this year when it wasn't convenient - that's gotta be worth something, right?

I know, I know, I tend to write long, tedious posts that belabor the obvious. I'm working on that - really, I am. Please bring me presents on Christmas, Santa. I'll do better next year. Promise.

Here is my list, in no particular order:

1. A job, so I can buy rocket stuff again (oh, and to take care of that little problem with the wolf at the door, too).
2. An airbrush kit, and a spray booth (I'm tired of rattle-can painting).
3. Every kit in the Semroc catalog.
4. Every kit in the FlisKits catalog.
5. Every kit in the ASP catalog.
6. Every kit in the Sirius catalog.
7. Every kit in the Red River catalog.
8. Every kit in the Squirrel Works catalog.
9. Every kit in the TMRK catalog.
10. Every kit in the QModeling catalog.
11. Every kit in Sheri's catalog.
12. Every kit in Madcow's catalog.
13. Every kit in Mercury's catalog.
14. Every motor system in Rouse-Tech's catalog, up to and including 54mm. ;)
15. Every kit and motor in FSI's catalog (well, I can dream, can't I?)

You get the idea...

Mark

Rocket Doctor
12-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Mark

With all of these requests coming in, I'm having a delivery problem, my sled is only so big and my elves have quit on me. I'm looking for helpers to help out, if you don't get what is on your list by Christmas, then, I will try as soon as I can.

You can email me at the North Pole and I will see what I can do. Don't try to entice me with milk and cookies, it just won't work.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas !
Santa

Rocketflyer
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Mark

With all of these requests coming in, I'm having a delivery problem, my sled is only so big and my elves have quit on me. I'm looking for helpers to help out, if you don't get what is on your list by Christmas, then, I will try as soon as I can.

You can email me at the North Pole and I will see what I can do. Don't try to entice me with milk and cookies, it just won't work.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas !

Santa

Santa,

An FSI VIKING lV. ( I have a VK3, w00t!) I'll leave some Crown Royal, hot wings, chips, and a six pack of Corona. :D

Rocket Doctor
12-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry,the corona is for Santa and his reindeer, just drop me another line or two and I'll see if I can fullfuill your wish list.

Santa would like to have a rocket powered sled, so many requests!!

Santa

ghrocketman
12-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Santa,

I want a return of all of the BP and Composite rocket engines available from all then existing brands, circa 1971

Not asking for much am I ?

If it was possible then, it should be possible now even cheaper with all the computer automated manufacturing.

Rocketflyer
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Sorry,the corona is for Santa and his reindeer, just drop me another line or two and I'll see if I can fullfuill your wish list.

Santa would like to have a rocket powered sled, so many requests!!

Santa

Ok, ok. Crown Royal, wings, chips, Corona for reindeer, and a six pack of Yuengling or Guinness and a pretty please.

(Santa and reindeer gonna drink up my favorites, but an FSI Viking 4.....) :D

Rocket Doctor
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Santa,

I want a return of all of the BP and Composite rocket engines available from all then existing brands, circa 1971

If it was possible then, it should be possible now even cheaper with all the computer automated manufacturing.

Sorry, the good ole days are long gone and I don't see their return anytime soon. Manufacturing isn't6 all computers either, believe me, basically the same old Mabel, just, allitle newer.

But, only if someone would build me a rocket motors for my sled, now, that would be great.

Santa

Rocket Doctor
12-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Ok, ok. Crown Royal, wings, chips, Corona for reindeer, and a six pack of Yuengling or Guinness and a pretty please.

(Santa and reindeer gonna drink up my favorites, but an FSI Viking 4.....) :D

Corona for the reindeer, what does Santa get out of all of this, warm Budweiser, stale chips, old wings and a slow empty sled.............go figure?????

Santa

Pyro Pro
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
(6) A multi-threaded version for LINUX Clusters
(7) A better image renderer with 3D movie quality (Blender or Maya)
(8) A better fin pattern tool (with image scaling capability, Horz & Vert)
(9) A nacelle pattern creation tool (for cutting and folding square/rectangular cardstock items)
(10) Fix the positioning problem with image wraps
(11) Improved NC and transition creation, to allow for parts like the BC-760
(12) Ability to directly export patterns to Carl's Krellvenator without intermediary software
(13) Improved ability to edit centering rings
(14) 3D and 2D renderings of other parts, like screw eyes, engine hooks, snap swivels, Kevlar threads, elastic chords, etc...

15) Create your own airfoil shapes
16) Support for tapered fins from root to tip

Green Dragon
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Santa,

hmm....

not sure I'd go for 1971, sorry.. all nostalgia aside, 71 would NOT be the 'glory days' of composites.

have to go with, circa 1980 or 1991

in 71 we had Enerjet and ... Enerjet ( not that that's a bad thing :)

circa 1980 = Plasmajet, Composite Dynamics / Pro-jet, SSRS / Crown , Vulcan and RDC ( Irv Wait ) - if you were conectd, also west coast Tom Johnson / IBC motors.

1991-ish would be THE Mecca of composites, just prior to Tripoli certification issues and ATF getting involved - Aerotech, Vulcan, Plasmajet's return, Prodyne, Synerjet / Ravenna, ACS / Solid Motor Company, US rockets, Propulsion Industries, Kosdon starting up, plus non-composite Rocketflite motors, and FSI still around... ( I rest my case :D )

~ AL

dreams of sugarplums... err.. those days of motor variety dance in my head... ZZzzzzzz....

Ltvscout
12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Well, I guess I'll add my wish list too.

I want Semroc to be able to offer every Centuri kit ever produced. The next release being a Payloader II, of course. :D

I'd like to see port burning BP motors again.

I'd like a lot more variety in booster motors.

I'd like 13mm B motors like Centuri used to offer.

I'd like 18mm shorty motors to fly in those Centuri and Estes repros Semroc has made and will make.

I'd like to see Semroc acquire a nice vacuform setup so they can make the wraps for the Centuri Orion and Centuri 1/100th Saturn 1b.

I'm hoping Semroc can find a plastics company that can make all the different size payload tubes we're waiting for.

Looks like Semroc is going to need Santa's elves to help them out with all this extra work I'm creating for them. :D

Rocket Doctor
12-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Santa is patiently waiting for his rocket powered sled to arrive, the list keeps getting longer and longer and Christmas is not that far away.

Santa may be able to help you out on clear payload sections, go to www.visipak.com , look under clear tubing.

Semroc is a little pressed for space right now, Santa was there and they are very busy filling orders for Christmas.
Cheryl , Bruce and Carl are acting as Santa's elves and they don't have time to make cookies for Santa, what a bummer.

Hopefully, Santa can help all of you out in the coming year, I just need that rocket sled, it would help.
Santa would suggest sending holiday greeting to Semroc, with their wish lists. Check out thier new kits, especially the Goony's ...

Santa

5 more days, then Santa can go on vacation!!!!!

Rocketflyer
12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Corona for the reindeer, what does Santa get out of all of this, warm Budweiser, stale chips, old wings and a slow empty sled.............go figure?????

Santa

Vulcan 24mm E? AT E25'S Pre- fire G80-10? D3's Do the reindeer drink warm Bud? I'd swich with them :p :)

ghrocketman
12-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I guess I just should have said the BP SU selection of 1971, which was MUCH better than it is now.
Roughly 3 times the number of available engine types/sizes.
The only engine size Estes offers now that did not exist back then is the E9-x, which everyone knows won't lift anything decent.

They had the B14-x, A5-x, A8-0, 1/2A6-0, 1/2A3-0T, A3-6T, A3-0T, S-series motors, B4-6, 1/2A6-4 plus many others.

Plus we had the 18mmx70mm Cox D8-0, and D8-3, all the FSI motors, the Centuri 13mm B4-xM

Rocket Doctor
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
The reindeer have switched over to Coors light now, they were a bit heavy and could'nt pull the sled, but, now that I have my rocket sled on it's way, they have no clue.

They should be lucky that I even give them anything, they are very demanding at this time of year, I guess it's coal in their stockings this year.
Santa

ghrocketman
12-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Instead of coal, give them a "Charlie Brown Halloween" Rock.....that'll doo !

Rocket Doctor
12-21-2007, 09:33 AM
My reindeer are pretty fussy, can't go past a Dunkin Donuts unless I have to stop. But, with my rocket powered sled, they won't have a chance to stop. I guess they will have to pack a doggie bag, oh sorry a reindeer bag of goodies.

With only four days left, Santa is quite busy, going over the many requests and planning his route.

So, if you see a streak in the sky, it won't be the new Estes rocket it will be me.....Santa, rocking and rolling along.
Santa

Rocket Doctor
12-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Santas rocket powered sled has arrived.
Don't need the reindeer much, there too busy with their Coors light anyway.
Happy Holidays
Santa