PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Centuri Sr-71 Kit

fish4ever
07-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Hello Everyone... I am new to this forum, and look to making many postst and learning from all here.

I have been searching and searching for a Centuri SR-71 kit.. If anyone has any idea where I can look to get one, or if someone has one to sell, I am interested. Of course I do know that what I remember as "Centuri" to exist anymore.. Estes does make a SR-71 kit, but it is not the same as the old Centuri kit... I remember when I built the Centuri kit, it used a "D" engine with if I remember correctly 2- 24" chutes...

If anyone can help, I appreciate it...

Thanks

Gray (fish4ever)

Brian L Raney
10-29-2005, 12:37 AM
The Centuri Sr-71 used two(2) 20" parachutes.

This Blackbird is almost impossible to find in kit form, anymore! Ever put any thought into making a clone instead? It may be cheaper in the long run than trying to find an old kit that someone might still have lying around.

If you havn't already looked, JimZ has the instructions at his WEB page here:

http://www.dars.org/jimz/centuri.htm

Go to the bottom of the page to find it.

hoverhans
10-29-2005, 03:37 PM
You can get the nose cone and ram jet intake and exhaust from Moldin Oldies. Looks like that is on my list to clone now too! I'll never be done!!!
Hans

Chas Russell
10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I beleive that Rick Gaff has one on an e-bay auction at this time. He goes by" nira1 i.e. nira(one). Sorry that I don't have more information. Perhaps you can searach e-bay for the Centuri SR-71 or for nira1 auctions.
I don't e-bay so I can't help. But I am sure it was part of his annoucements. You can also search on the Yahoo Old Rockets forum.

Chas

fish4ever
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the information. I have made decent bids on the ebay auction, but keep being outbid. It is currently at $120.. Do you really think that the kit is worth it, or is the auction so high because I kept bidding? Any help is very much appreciated.... Thanks...

Ltvscout
10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the information. I have made decent bids on the ebay auction, but keep being outbid. It is currently at $120.. Do you really think that the kit is worth it, or is the auction so high because I kept bidding? Any help is very much appreciated.... Thanks...
I personally wouldn't pay $120 for that kit, but that's just me. Remember, the value is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Brian L Raney
10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I have bulit a clone for less than half that! Moldin Oldies sells custom made plastic parts for the Centuri SR-71; JimZ has the plans, and also sells the decals; and just about everyone else sells parts for the rest.

IMHO, you don't need to buy the original.