PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Doctor, motors, questions, stuff

Rocketflyer
12-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Rocket Doctor this is for you, as well as others who are more in the know than I. I would appreciate input, insight from all as well

Since there is talk about motors of old, port burners, boosters, 13mm, shorties, etc, I have to ask. Why is that we are limiting ourselves to the "standard" 18x70mm. There was also talk of longer delays, better tracking smoke, and the limiting factor of said motor dimensions. For delay, why not go 18x72mm or 75mm? Most any model can be adapted.

I realize the cost of such, but why do companies , or possibly "new" ones, have to stick to this formula? Was FSI the only one who had different dimensions?

As you have stated, you would revamp a certain company to make it inot a rocketeers paradise, but would you be thinking outside the box as well? I share the frustrations that you and others have. Since You and others have more expertise than I, some insight would be great, and I would like to know.

Jack

Rocket Doctor
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Jack

It seem that "standard" products are the norm. And, I guess, if your selling merchanside now and making money why change. But, change is needed, unless you offer a variety of merchandise, your customer base will eventually "have it all".

I'm tired of the "we'll see" , "maybe" it's on the back burner" thinking.

Unless you have roceteers running a rocetry company, this is what you get.........little to nothing.

Now that Rougepink has left Estes, there will be a great void.
Mybe my thinking should change, instead of wanting to buy Estes (if I hit the lottery)maybe a better thought would be (as previously suggested) investing in the many smaller companies that are in tune with the hobby.

I must admit, Semroc is going in the right direction, and, with the new kits just released, you know where their heart and soles are..........in the hobby.

I would like to see the Estes of yesteryear, when Vern and Gleda owned it, true rocketeers.
We need a better selection of kits, with balsa, and a bigger selection of motors.

Many of us have tired to make changes, only to go down in defeat.

Hopefully, the coming year will be better, who knows?????

Rocketflyer
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks RD. Somethings gotta be done.

Jeeze we could raise money for a lawsuit, we should raise money to build a mabel. I don't have money lying around, but I'd sure put in some bucks. Prolly not very practical an idea though :o :(