PDA

View Full Version : Butyrate Dope on Ebay

mojo1986
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
There are currently two lots of Testors butyrate dope for sale on Ebay................

4 oz bottles, auction closes Sunday, Dec 23, 8 colors, 6 of each color

1 oz bottles, auction closes Wednesday, Dec 26 (this is the size that Estes sold), 12 colors

Together these two lots comprise every color that Estes sold in the heyday of rocketry with the exception of International Orange. So here is my question...............

Are any of you guys nostalgic enough to want to go in on these lots, with the plan of dividing them up equally? It would take 5 guys besides myself and each would end up with 8- 4 oz bottles (all different colors) and 30- 1 oz bottles (2 each of 15 different colors). There is some duplication of colors between the two sizes. The dope is in good condition and can be thinned.

Just think! You can brush them on your Astron Scout, Apogee and Farside and get all those brush marks you had as a kid! Or, you can thin them a bit and airbrush them (dope airbrushes beautifully, even with a cheap external mix airbrush that you can get at a hobby shop or on Ebay for under $20). If interested, post to this thread. I estimate that the two lots together will go for around $200 plus shipping, so figure on spending about $40 each or possibly a bit more. Anyone wanting to see the auctions can use the following links.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170178501072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170179171928&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Joe

mojo1986
12-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, I can't believe there's no interest in these old bottles of dope! And you guys call yourselves BAR's??

Rocketflyer
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, I can't believe there's no interest in these old bottles of dope! And you guys call yourselves BAR's??

No.... just "doped" up. :eek: Actally, I have enough to last me. I'm a spray can guy, and can get the stuff in a can.