PDA

View Full Version : visions of sugarplums, candy canes and of course Rockets !

Green Dragon
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
wasn;t sure where to post this, so if Scott or somebody wants to move this, be my guest :)

Anyways .... recalling the thread with talk of clear payload tubes .. and the sad lack of ST10 tubes.....
Scott had posted some of the M&M type candy containers were indeed ST10 compatible, but wasn;t sure what to hunt for.
others fir BT50 which I;d heard before but never tried, since I have a slew of BT50 payload tubes.

so.... as our storyline thickens.....

I checked out a variety of tubes and containers during the post Christmas close-outs. found a couple BT50-ish sizes, then hit the good one.

photo below shows CVS 'house brand' candy cane containers with generic M&M candies.

original price .99, closeout .50 each :)

also in the photo is a clear tube from same with a Semroc BNC-10.

slight tight fit - I forced it in, but a light sanding might be better ( and safer for the not-real rigid tube ). the tubes are semi-rigid, though, not flimsy like some of the Bt50ish ones I got .

GOt the pic so if anyone wants to hunt a few down - and... drummroll please.... if somebody has trouble finding one, and wants one or two for builds, let me know, I cleaned out the last 13 at our store acrossed from work, but can hunt up more if need be ( if any left ).

Happy New Year and happy building / flying .

~ AL

ghrocketman
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Al,
That's the one....glad you found it !

James Pierson
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
A few years ago at a Ace hardware I found come clear tubing that fit an ST-16. It was a clear plactic tube to protect florecent bulbs for transport. Them might make one for the smaller bulbs as well?? Just a thought, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Green Dragon
01-03-2008, 07:42 AM
A few years ago at a Ace hardware I found come clear tubing that fit an ST-16. It was a clear plactic tube to protect florecent bulbs for transport. Them might make one for the smaller bulbs as well?? Just a thought, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

I have some of that light-cover tubing.

Note it comes in at least two sizes, I have one that's real close to ST16, and one slightly larger that fits OVER a BT60 perfectly.

Also of note is BMS offers a cone for these in thier 'off the shelf' listing. (I'd had them make some cones for these to match the Estes short-ogive (not sure the part #, the old Marauder / Stormcaster cone), good for cloning the Warp 2, etc.

Well, back to my ' newly added to the que' ptrojects, lol..... ( Payloader II, maybe another T-Bird, etc, etc :) )

~ AL