PDA

View Full Version : NCR Corporal Fin Patterns/Decals

barone
01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Anybody got? PM me. Thanks.

tbzep
01-02-2008, 07:25 PM

There were two sizes of the NCR Corporal. One that was about 2" dia and a later one that was 2.6" dia. The decals were dry transfer (rub on), IIRC. I've had the smaller one for at least 10 years, maybe closer to 15. The best I could do on it is trace the fins on the built rocket. It wouldn't be very accurate because of the fin fillets, nor would it have the TTW tabs.

I was given the larger kit right around the time that the BATFE started clamping down on motor regulations. Because of that I never built it. I know where the nosecone and body tube are, but I don't know if I can find the rest of the kit It's all somewhere in the attic, I think. If that's the one you want, I'll try to find them. Unfortunately, I still don't have my old scanner working, so I wouldn't be able to put a scan online for you.

Edit: Just looked them up in the old catalogs. The small was actually 1.88" dia and the large was listed as 2.7". My guestimate was close enough for me, but some folks just love to correct inaccuracies, so I beat 'em to it. :D

barone
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Actually, I'm looking for the 1.88" patterns. If you've got the larger one and can provide the dimensions, I can down-scale it to the 1.88. Can you provide lengths/width of the two balsa strips also? TIA.

tbzep
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Actually, I'm looking for the 1.88" patterns. If you've got the larger one and can provide the dimensions, I can down-scale it to the 1.88. Can you provide lengths/width of the two balsa strips also? TIA.

I'll measure them up and get back to you.

tbzep
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Don,

I completely forgot about the NCR Corporal. I'll do my best to remember it this weekend. I was sitting here at work grading papers and out of the blue it popped into my head! <headsmack!>

If I don't get them to you in the next couple of days, don't hesitate to PM a reminder to me. I won't be offended at all by any reminders, even if you flood my mailbox. :p

BTW, I tried to send this via PM, but your box is full. Get in there and weed some of that stuff out! :D

DaveR
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Don............
BTW, I tried to send this via PM, but your box is full. Get in there and weed some of that stuff out! :D

That's probably my fault. :D

Edit: .................. some folks just love to correct inaccuracies, so I beat 'em to it. :D
:cool:

ManofSteele
01-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Send me your address, and I will see what I have to send you.

Matt

barone
01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Don,

I completely forgot about the NCR Corporal. I'll do my best to remember it this weekend. I was sitting here at work grading papers and out of the blue it popped into my head! <headsmack!>

If I don't get them to you in the next couple of days, don't hesitate to PM a reminder to me. I won't be offended at all by any reminders, even if you flood my mailbox. :p

No hurry and weeded :o

Ltvscout
01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Send me your address, and I will see what I have to send you.

Matt
Thanks for helping out, Matt!

How's that new(er) job going for you?

sandman
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I did make a scale nose cone for a Corporal once. I forgot for who.

elbraz
01-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Ah, an excuse to post! Sandman, you made two for me as a matter of fact. A Bt-70 and a BT-60 version. I have the BT-70 bits cut out and the corrugated section below the NC ready, but I haven't had time to glue it up yet. They are nice NC's, my "Oh, I know what rocket that's supposed to be" scale models don't deserve such nice work.

LTV Scout, this a nice place to lurk.

-Braz in Norman Ok

Ltvscout
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
LTV Scout, this a nice place to lurk.

-Braz in Norman Ok
Heh, I know I have lots of lurkers. Nothing wrong with that! I just like keeping the history of the hobby alive.

barone
01-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Dave....I noticed you changed your Avatar.....the new one looks so much better but doesn't quite fit the handle ;)

Gordon, that Corporal nosecone you posted is different than the one for the NCR kit. Here is what the NCR kit looks like.....

Scott....this is just the cover page so I think I'm safe.....if not, I can remove it.

Ltvscout
01-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Scott....this is just the cover page so I think I'm safe.....if not, I can remove it.
I don't think Matt would have a problem with a cover page. If so, let me know Matt and I'll remove the attachment.

sandman
01-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey Dave....I noticed you changed your Avatar.....the new one looks so much better but doesn't quite fit the handle ;)

Gordon, that Corporal nosecone you posted is different than the one for the NCR kit. Here is what the NCR kit looks like.....

The nose cone I made for Braz was scaled from these included drawing. I wasn't trying to copy the NCR model.

barone
01-13-2008, 11:27 AM
The nose cone I made for Braz was scaled from these included drawing. I wasn't trying to copy the NCR model.
Cool! Did you take those photos? One looks like it might have been at WHite Sands?

sandman
01-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Cool! Did you take those photos? One looks like it might have been at WHite Sands?

No, those came from a Google search.

tbzep
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM

You don't have to worry about them looking like the NCR nose. Their NC is much more long and slender.

DaveR
01-14-2008, 12:37 PM

It was late, I don't know if I was ecstatic or ludiricous. :rolleyes:

Being that I'm not nearly the Sadmug I once was.... I'd change the handle too, if I could. :o

Ltvscout
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
It was late, I don't know if I was ecstatic or ludiricous. :rolleyes:

Being that I'm not nearly the Sadmug I once was.... I'd change the handle too, if I could. :o
Dave,

I can easily change your handle for you. Just let me know what you want it to be and I'll change it for you if interested.

DaveR
01-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Dave,

I can easily change your handle for you. Just let me know what you want it to be and I'll change it for you if interested.

I'll take you up on that, give me a day or two to come with something. Thanks!! :)

tbzep
01-26-2008, 08:37 PM

Finally got into the attic and dug out the small NCR Corporal...

Fin:

root 8 5/8"
leading edge 7 11/16"
trailing edge 2 5/8"
span 2 1/4"
material 1/8" plywood

The fin hangs off the rear of the body tube 1 1/8"

Conduits:

length 18"
width 7/16"
thickness 3/16"

nosecone is 9" to shoulder
BT is 34" long

barone
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
You are oh so kind. How bout I just come to Huntington and pick it up? :rolleyes:

tbzep
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
You are oh so kind. How bout I just come to Huntington and pick it up? :rolleyes:

Come on up. :)

BTW, sorry it took so long.

barone
01-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Come on up. :)

BTW, sorry it took so long.
Watch it....Dave and I might come up some week end so you can get pictures of some of out launches... :D

No problem for time...Been too busy to work on rockets. Just got back from hauling furniture from Clarksville.... :(

tbzep
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Watch it....Dave and I might come up some week end so you can get pictures of some of out launches... :D

No problem for time...Been too busy to work on rockets. Just got back from hauling furniture from Clarksville.... :(

Pick a sunny day and we'll see what we can do. :)

barone
01-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Pick a sunny day and we'll see what we can do. :)
Oh, now you making things difficult...... :p

DaveR
01-29-2008, 10:53 AM

Count me in. gotta shake this flu bug first though. :(

barone
01-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Count me in. gotta shake this flu bug first though. :(
You too? I've been sick all month. Last week was a reprieve when I was on antibiotics. But been sick ever since I stopped taking them (the prescription ran out). Now is Robitussin and bed. There are four inspectors where I work (I'm one of them) and counting me, three are out sick this week. Office of ten, four out sick.

DaveR
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
You too? I've been sick all month. Last week was a reprieve when I was on antibiotics. But been sick ever since I stopped taking them (the prescription ran out). Now is Robitussin and bed. There are four inspectors where I work (I'm one of them) and counting me, three are out sick this week. Office of ten, four out sick.

Yep, I'm sore in places I didn't know could get sore. (My hair actually hurts) :eek:

tbzep
01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Yep, I'm sore in places I didn't know could get sore. (My hair actually hurts) :eek:

At least you have hair. :p