PDA

View Full Version : My first cone....

SEL
07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
...and a pretty good piece of craftsmanship it is , if I do say so myself.
Kind of has that quiet dignity one finds in those carvings on Easter Island.

Sean

Doug Sams
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
...and a pretty good piece of craftsmanship it is , if I do say so myself.Don't quit your day job yet :)

Nice looking Bertha BTW. I just did that paint job on an upscale: http://home.flash.net/~samily/june-mcgregor/hpr-sat.html FWIW, this NC was one of my early turnings. I've learned a good set of calipers is a huge help.

How will you do the black? I used peel-n-stick monokote for the roll pattern and long stripe. Much less stressful than trying to mask everything off and not get any bleeding.

Kind of has that quiet dignity one finds in those carvings on Easter Island.LOL.

Doug

dtomko
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I used black decal sheet cut into strips for that scheme on my Big Bertha.

I like the look of the cone; it's sort of a paleolithic Astron Spaceman!
Drew Tomko

SEL
07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Don't quit your day job yet :).

Yeah, Carl's got nothing to worry about.

Nice looking Bertha BTW. I just did that paint job on an upscale: http://home.flash.net/~samily/june-mcgregor/hpr-sat.html FWIW, this NC was one of my early turnings. I've learned a good set of calipers is a huge help

Actually, it's a cloned Ranger. (Hey - that's pretty funny, huh? 'Lone Ranger', 'Cloned Ranger'- get it? I am *such* a funny fellow!)

Anyway, I was thinking of going the masking route - we'll see haw ambitious I am when i get around to finishig it.

Very nice job on your's, Doug.

Sean

SEL
07-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I used black decal sheet cut into strips for that scheme on my Big Bertha.

I like the look of the cone; it's sort of a paleolithic Astron Spaceman!
Drew Tomko

Y'know, I might actually have something there......

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Y'know, I might actually have something there......

Yes, but there are meds for it. :eek: ;)