01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
RD's version of a flying pig named "Bacon Bits" :D

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/RD_Piggy_1.jpg
http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/RD_Piggy_2.jpg
http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/RD_Piggy_3.jpg

Will this be a 2008 Estes secret release? :eek: :D

barone
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't know about it being a new release but it sure is a real porker. ;)

I can visualize the sport launch event called "When Pigs Fly" :eek:

tbzep
01-25-2008, 02:09 PM

It has been an event at past launches. I remember seeing it in Sport Rocketry, or one of the other NAR/TRA mags several years ago.

Rocket Doctor
01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't know about it being a new release but it sure is a real porker. ;)

lLeo
I am no longer associated with Estes since the forum was pulled down on April 21,2007.
I did submit this for possible release, as did Rougepink, he also had one going as well, they were put on the back burner with the scrambled eggs and hash browns.

And yes, it does give a whole new meaning when pigs fly, oink, oink, oink !!!

Rocket Doctor
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Leo
Would you like a cup of coffee with that???

Solomoriah
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Where's the launch lug?

Or do I really want to know?

cas2047
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Kids would go hog wild over it and you can take that to the bank.

Rocket Doctor
01-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Where's the launch lug?

Or do I really want to know?

There is a launch lug along the body tube, and I drilled a hole in the "pig" in the bacon end and the front end, the launch rod (1/8") goes completely through the pig.

Also could be put on a spit for a great pig roast. (apple ....not included)

Rocket Doctor
01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Kids would go hog wild over it and you can take that to the bank.

And that's no hogwash.......

CPMcGraw
01-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Why am I suddenly hearing The Floyd in my head?

Rocketking
01-26-2008, 01:05 AM
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Rocket Doctor
01-26-2008, 09:14 AM
I plan on flying this at NARAM 50, watch the bacon grease , eggs are optional.....

cas2047
01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I plan on flying this at NARAM 50, watch the bacon grease , eggs are optional.....

I willl probably be there RD so I'll be looking for you out on the range hamming it up.

Intruder
01-26-2008, 09:32 AM
:eek: Holy cow.....er.....pig!

foose4string
01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought I remember seeing place markers for an Estes pig themed rocket at some of the larger online hobby suppliers?...Maybe a year or two ago? They are gone now. Can't remember the name now, wasn't called Bacon Bits, but it was in keeping with the "when pigs fly" theme. Anyone know what I'm refering to?

Ltvscout
01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I thought I remember seeing place markers for an Estes pig themed rocket at some of the larger online hobby suppliers?...Maybe a year or two ago? They are gone now. Can't remember the name now, wasn't called Bacon Bits, but it was in keeping with the "when pigs fly" theme. Anyone know what I'm refering to?
Yup, that would've been the Pigasus that I announced back in August of '06.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1070

Rocket Doctor
01-26-2008, 09:46 AM

The other "pig" rocket was going to be call Pigasus, and was designed by Rougepink. At the same time, I came up with Bacon Bits, we were in Pig Heaven with these designs.

Pigasus was cancelled, and Bacon Bits didn't even see a frying pan.

For those attending NARAM 50, not only will Bacon Bit be taking to the air, I few other desings as well.

Also, I will be working on the set up and launch of the Historic Golden Scout launch to try and break the world record.

So, who ever wants to bring the eggs, someone else the home fries, coffee and toast , we will be all set to go.

barone
01-26-2008, 08:34 PM
The other "pig" rocket was going to be call Pigasus, and was designed by Rougepink. At the same time, I came up with Bacon Bits, we were in Pig Heaven with these designs.

Pigasus was cancelled, and Bacon Bits didn't even see a frying pan.

For those attending NARAM 50, not only will Bacon Bit be taking to the air, I few other desings as well.

Also, I will be working on the set up and launch of the Historic Golden Scout launch to try and break the world record.

So, who ever wants to bring the eggs, someone else the home fries, coffee and toast , we will be all set to go.
You know something that kinda gripes me about NARAM? I was so busy trying to get competition models in the air, I hardly noticed what was going on at the Sport Range. There was A LOT of rockets I would have loved to see fly, the Apollo Pad Abort being one. I guess at the next one I'm going to have to scope out what's there to fly and ask the owners to pass by my tent on the way out.... ;)

Rocket Doctor
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Don

Looking forward to meeting you at NARAM, with several prototypes to fly

Ken

ghrocketman
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
That thing will never do....it would obviously be HOGGING up all the available airspace and will not let anyone else get a chance to fly. :p

Rocket Doctor
01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
That thing will never do....it would obviously be HOGGING up all the available airspace and will not let anyone else get a chance to fly. :p

You think that's bad, wait until you see the fling chickens, squirrels, ducks , kangaroos , chimps, lions and tigers and bears..............Oh My !!!!!!

evil ed
02-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Does this mean the Rocket Doctor will be giving out swine flu shots at the launch? ;)

Shreadvector
02-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm still waiting for the Ned Beatty comment....

tbzep
02-18-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm still waiting for the Ned Beatty comment....

http://www.emanuellevy.com/images/photos/g273uxc08bt.jpg

Rocket Doctor
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Does this mean the Rocket Doctor will be giving out swine flu shots at the launch? ;)

Absolutely, and I only use dull needles, and give them a twist as well.
Afterwards, we can all go for bacon and eggs.

Remember Porky's Revenge........Oink, Oink............

DaveR
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.emanuellevy.com/images/photos/g273uxc08bt.jpg

Ya know, if I was Ned, I may have just had to turn that part down.

Rocket Doctor
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM

I'm taking victims, oh I mean patients names now...............Ouch!!!

Doug Sams
02-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Ya know, if I was Ned, I may have just had to turn that part down.I've thought that, too. But I think it helped establish him as well as making him one of Burt's buds which got him parts in lots of other movies - eg, White Lightning - as well as the TV show Evening Shade. He was deliciously evil in White Lightning, and died a great movie death at the end :)

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I've thought that, too. But I think it helped establish him as well as making him one of Burt's buds which got him parts in lots of other movies - eg, White Lightning - as well as the TV show Evening Shade. He was deliciously evil in White Lightning, and died a great movie death at the end :)

Doug

Gator and White Lightning. Anyone on this board other than me who owns both of them? And Smokey and The Bandit? (I think I also have Hooper. :rolleyes: )
For the record, I never thought Ned had a very purty mouth. :eek:

DaveR
02-18-2008, 11:46 PM
For the record, I never thought Ned had a very purty mouth. :eek:
Me neither.
I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, especially if you only have 5 teeth and 2 of those are in your pocket. :p