PDA

View Full Version : EagleWorks Plans

Eagle3
07-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Here is the first of my THOY designs converted to Rocksim. It reaches a respectable 1,600' with a C6/C6 combo.

More to follow.

Craig, I'll work on a single sheet plan for BARCLONE.

CPMcGraw
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Here is the first of my THOY designs converted to Rocksim. It reaches a respectable 1,600' with a C6/C6 combo.

More to follow.

Craig, I'll work on a single sheet plan for BARCLONE.

Excellent! Sleek, sharp, not complicated, but offering respectable performance. Would you consider this a Skill Level 1 or 2?

Eagle3
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks Craig. :) I should have the Cluros ready to upload soon.

Construction-wise it's a one, but since it's a multistage I would probably label it a skill level two.

Eagle3
07-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Here's the second two-stager I designed for THOY. The original had a 16" upper stage tube length. I upped it to 18" for a little added stability, though I never had a problem with the prototypes.

I plan to recreate the decals for all of these kist as well.

Ltvscout
07-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Cool. Thanks for putting these together for us, Buzz!

Eagle3
07-21-2005, 11:47 AM
This was a design from my HS days. Sent it in to Estes for the DOM and got a runner-up award. :rolleyes:

CPMcGraw
07-21-2005, 02:15 PM
This was a design from my HS days. Sent it in to Estes for the DOM and got a runner-up award. :rolleyes:

Another good-looking design. It's really interesting how relatively simple shapes and paint patterns, with not too much added detail but a little more than a 3FNC or 4FNC, can actually stand out more strikingly than one with gobs of details and complex patterns.

Did you prototype this one back then?

Eagle3
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks Craig. I did prototype it, but don't have the original. I built a new one last year using spare parts lying around. I added balsa to the side of the fin tips and root area just to give a little more of a different look. I plan on flying it this weekend hopefully with a coat of primer at least. *LOL*
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=114