PDA

View Full Version : Enerjet Athena Clone

ghrocketman
07-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Just ordered all the parts (Tubes, Nose/Pod cones, balsa transitions, 29mm engine mount) through Semroc to turn my idea of building an Enerjet Athena clone into reality.
Does anyone have a full-size fin pattern for the Athena ??
Any ideas how to make the body wraps ?
I know the wraps are the same as the Centuri Orion , which was cloned by Neubauer but is now OOP.
How about decals?
I don't think Tango-Papa has them for this one.

dtomko
07-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Paul Graf is selling vac-form repros of the 1/100 Estes-originally Centuri-Saturn 1B wraps:
http://hometown.aol.com/grafgulch/s1bwraps.htm
These were cut down for use in the Orion; if you go to JimZ's site for the Orion plans you can see how they should be trimmed. You would have to add a few do-dads to one wrap, since one was from the Saturn V, but these should be pretty easy to copy with balsa or styrene. You might email Phred at Excelsior Rocketry for decals. The Neubauer kit was a slight upscale, BTW.
Drew Tomko

Phred
07-20-2005, 09:50 PM
I just ordered a set of these wraps myself to finish my Orion clone. I got the Centuri BT-70 based Little Joe II wraops and fins as well.

I am more thyan willing to draw a set of decals for the ATHENA (I want to build it myself!!), but I cannot find a scan of them anywhere...

Phred

ghrocketman
07-21-2005, 08:40 AM
I can't find a scan of them either !
The only unique decal for this kit is the "Athena" logo that is on the payload section.
This decal has a very unique font and is fairly small in scale. I suppose one could use the kit name (same font) on the instruction sheet and reduce it about 30% and print it on decal paper.
I can use a "Nike Smoke" decal for the "United States" on the booster; it is the same.
Opposite (180 degrees around the circumference) the "United States" on the booster tube is an "Enerjet" logo which is easy.
I can use the wrap stripes from a red "Aero-Dart" decal set.

Phred: Could you combine all of these in one decal set ???
If so, how much $$$$ ?

Anyone have a full-scale fin pattern ?
I could "guesstimate" it but I'd rather not.