PDA

View Full Version : What happened to www.semroc.com

Tweener
03-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Anyone know what happened to Semroc's website? I just accessed it Thursday the 10th of March and haven't been able to get it since. I ran a trace route on the domain and I get an "Unable to resolve target system name www.semroc.com." message. It seems they're no longer in the DNS system. I hope this is temporary! They're the only source of genuine Centuri size parts for my clones that I know of.

UMRS
03-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Tweener

I had the same problem, I just figured they took their site offline to attend NARCON. at least I hope thats what it is. Im guessing by monday it will be up again.

Ltvscout
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Anyone know what happened to Semroc's website? I just accessed it Thursday the 10th of March and haven't been able to get it since. I ran a trace route on the domain and I get an "Unable to resolve target system name www.semroc.com." message. It seems they're no longer in the DNS system. I hope this is temporary! They're the only source of genuine Centuri size parts for my clones that I know of.
The whole McLawhorn family was at NARCON all weekend. I told Carl on Saturday that his site was down. He runs the website out of his house. He thinks there may have been a power failure. I wouldn't expect to see it back online till tomorrow since they left late today from NARCON and have a long drive.

BTW, I've talked to Carl many times via email. You've really got to meet the family in person to fully appreciate how nice they are and how dedicated they are to the hobby. It was truly a pleasure meeting them at NARCON as well.

They of course had their new kits there. Top notch quality as pre-usual. I highly recommend them all to anyone that likes Centuri kits. Everyone that came to NARCON and filled out an info card got a free Estes Spaceplane from them. An excellent kit and you can't beat the price!

Tweener
03-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Ltvscout,

Thanks for the info. I knew NARCON was on for this weekend and thought it might have something to do with them not being able to access their hardware. Much obliged. :)

UMRS
03-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Semrocs site seems to be up and running again.