PDA

View Full Version : Estes BailOut Fin Assembly

ElPorco
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi, I need the plastic fin assembly from the BailOut or other rocket that used the same part.
Greetings

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi, I need the plastic fin assembly from the BailOut or other rocket that used the same part.
Greetings

Do you already have a kit, or are you just trying to assemble one? That fin unit is plastic and is part of the engine mount. It's not very durable, and it's kind of a pain in the bucket in that it keeps melting to the point that it is soon unusable. You might consider just adding an inch to the body tube and cutting fins from balsa or basswood, then mounting a traditional engine mount.
Just a suggestion. :cool:

ElPorco
07-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Hi, I have the kit and the small tabs of the bayonet lock have broken off. Maybe I'll just try to epoxy new ones in. The rocket itself is fun and durable, it has flown about twenty times so far.

Greetings

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Mine have never broken off, but they melted to the point that the whole fin unit fits cockeyed. I retired it due to that and fin breakage, one due to a hard landing, the other due to one of Sam's friends sitting on it before we ever got to launch it one day. :mad: