PDA

View Full Version : Filling In The Gold

Rocket Doctor
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
The foillowing states are not represented as of yet on the Sky Of Gold map.

Alaska
Arizona
Delaware - added 4/10
Hawaii
Maine
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
North Dakota
Rhode Island
South dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

If you haven't registered your Golden Scout yet, please do, you need not have flown your GS yet, but, you can register now and fill in the info later.

Don't forget, the qualifying launch time frame is the month of July, you can fly your GS before that, but, must have at least one flight in July .

If you know of any fellow rocketeers in the above mentioned states, please let them know about this 50th Anniversary celebration.

Certificates of particpation can only be issued if you have registered.

www.semroc.com/skyofgold

Rocket Doctor
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
One state added, down to 15 to go.

Mark II
04-10-2008, 04:29 PM
One state added, down to 15 to go.
The map doesn't show anything for Delaware, either. :(

Mark

Rocket Doctor
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
The map doesn't show anything for Delaware, either. :(

Mark

Missed that one, I will add it to the list, now, were back to 16.

STRMan
04-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm not surprised. Everyone knows those are the worst States in the Union.

Just kidding! :D

Rocket Doctor
04-10-2008, 07:54 PM
There are a few states, incuding Delaware that don't have any sections listed anywhere. Maybe those of us near the states not represented can cross over and launch a few, but, I don't think they would count.

Now, it's only three and a half month to NARAM 50, I hope we can get the map filled in by then.

Mark II
04-10-2008, 08:35 PM
There are a few states, incuding Delaware that don't have any sections listed anywhere. Maybe those of us near the states not represented can cross over and launch a few, but, I don't think they would count.

Now, it's only three and a half month to NARAM 50, I hope we can get the map filled in by then.
Come on, NARHAMS! Don't you have any members from DE?

And, turning my attention closer to home, what's up with you CRMRC guys across the Lake, over in the Green Mt. State? :eek: I would take the ferry over to Grand Isle and launch a Golden Scout there myself, if it would count. :rolleyes: (But it would be so much better if one of you Vermonters did it!) Hurry up and get on board, so that we can all then start working on those Pinetree guys! ;)

Hey, Mainers! you can get behind this project, can't you? Do you think that you can get onto the map ahead of VT?

(RD: we may not hear from these last 2 states until after the Frozen Four series is over, and someone wins the office pool. :rolleyes: )

Mark

dwmzmm
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I remember back in the "olden" days it seem that every state (just about) had at least
one NAR Section or model rocket club. I recall reading in the Model Rocketry magazine
that some of the Regional meets drew hundreds of competitors (astonishing!!). The
"golden age" of our space program really did have an impact on the hobby then.....

Rocket Doctor
04-11-2008, 05:16 AM
I remember back in the "olden" days it seem that every state (just about) had at least
one NAR Section or model rocket club. I recall reading in the Model Rocketry magazine
that some of the Regional meets drew hundreds of competitors (astonishing!!). The
"golden age" of our space program really did have an impact on the hobby then.....

Dave

Wheck out the list of sections on the NAR web site, there are many state now not represented by any clubs. I also check out the "Fly Rockets" site and once again, there are states not represented.

Go to www.nar.org and click on "Find a club", scroll down the list and you will be amazed.

I now of two clubs in Hawaii and one in Alaska.

AKPilot
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks to JThro contacting me, I've added Missouri to the list. Give it time to replicate. But, #466 & #467 are in for Missouri.

Rocket Doctor
04-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks to JThro contacting me, I've added Missouri to the list. Give it time to replicate. But, #466 & #467 are in for Missouri.

Thanks for the update.
If anyone knows of fellow rockteers in the missing states or clubs and organizations , please contact them so we can "Fill In The Gold".

There are still plenty of Golden Scout kits available.

I have tried to track down clubs in the missing states, some states don't have any or contact info wasn't correct.

Thanks to all in our celebration.

Rocket Doctor
04-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Does anyone have a listing of clubs, sections nationwide? Also, international.

wickball
04-13-2008, 08:35 AM
I believe that can be found on the NAR website.

wick

Rocket Doctor
04-13-2008, 08:52 AM
I believe that can be found on the NAR website.

wick

It's not up to date, some of the contact info is outdated. I also look und "Fly Rockets" and even their information is not current.

We need a current listing of all clubs, sections, 4H Clubs, Scouts and other organization with contact info.

dwmzmm
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
It's not up to date, some of the contact info is outdated. I also look und "Fly Rockets" and even their information is not current.

We need a current listing of all clubs, sections, 4H Clubs, Scouts and other organization with contact info.

John Hochheimer, NAR Section Activities Committee Chairman, had recently communicated
with me about the status of our Section (Challenger 498) and, from what I can tell, he personally updated the Sections listing in the NAR website. So what you see in the NAR
website should be up to date.....

Rocket Doctor, if you want, I can pass on to you John's contact info so you can get that information directly from him. Let me know....

Rocket Doctor
04-13-2008, 09:14 AM
You can PM me with his contact info.

If the list has been updated, it is hard to believe that there are missing states without sections.

I am going to bring this up at the meeting at NARAM 50 that a effort needs to be in place to contact potential members and sections in those missing states.

As you can note from the Sky Of Gold map, there is still a significant number of states not represented, it seems that they are bundched together.

Any ideas, not only for the Sky Of Gold celebration, but, for the benefit of the NAR as well.

RD

dwmzmm
04-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Rocket Doctor,

PM sent.

Skippy
04-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Only five registrations outside the USA? :eek: That's dreadful!