PDA

View Full Version : Estes Explorer Aquarius

Ramjet
07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
HELP !!!!

I need a way to clone this bird's nose cone at 183% scale.

I have figured the dimensions at;
3" LOC tube coupler for connection to body tube, 3" is the shoulder dia. and it is 0.343" long.
Then it flares out at a 45 degree angle to almost the max Dia. say 1.375 along the surface.
Then it starts to round forward growing sligltly in dia to it's max.
The distance from the flare to the max dia is also 1.375".
4.91" dia at widest point, Tapering fast to rounded nose in 3.66"
something like 6.5" total length from shoulder to nose.
Also, it has a round /spherical window inset from the max dia forward to just above centerline at the nose. I should also mention the 4 nubs spaced un-equally around the max diameter...
It's almost as if there should be 2 more right on the mold line... then they'd be spaced equally.

See the pic on JimZ's plan, ESTES kit # 2016.

Right now I'v got a large plastic egg in it's place. 4" X 8"... Ya, too long and too pointy.
And no flare down to tube dia...
It's all I'v found thats remotely close. ACK !!! :(

Phred
07-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I suggest contacting Gordon Agnello (Sandman), He can custom carve just about any cone you can dream up.

email him at gagnello@yahoo.com

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-28-2005, 11:14 PM
If Sandman can't do it, you can always check home improvement centers for one of the caps that they put on staircase bannisters. :confused: Sorry, there's a word for this, but I'm drawing a blank.

dtomko
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
If Sandman can't do it, you can always check home improvement centers for one of the caps that they put on staircase bannisters. :confused: Sorry, there's a word for this, but I'm drawing a blank.

Finial?

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Finial?

I think that's it. Surely someone makes them in a round shape. A little detail work and ...... :cool: