PDA

View Full Version : Never thought this would happen

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Over the past few years I've taken to writing reviews on Amazon.com when things get dead at work. Music and books are what I've mostly written about, but earlier this year I entered "model rockets" in a search and found that several kits that I had experience with were listed for sale by Amazon. I went and wrote reviews on them for fun, not expecting anyone to ever read them. Tonight I checked in with my review page and several of them had been read and rated. The Custom Razor and the Estes Shuttle Express were the kits that I wrote on that someone else was also interested in. Good to know that my opinions might influence someone who might be thinking about taking up the hobby. ;)
Then again...... :eek:

Vanel
07-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Amazon sells model rockets? :eek: Now that's a surprise.

Nice of you to take time to post reviews - I very often read through the user reviews when I am considering buying something from Amazon, especially books. They are helpful.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Amazon sells model rockets? :eek: Now that's a surprise.

Nice of you to take time to post reviews - I very often read through the user reviews when I am considering buying something from Amazon, especially books. They are helpful.

I really started out doing reviews on Amazon just to kick my totals up. (I'm trying to break into the 100's as far as my ranking, so it's pretty self-serving. :D ) Now that I know they're being read, I'll look for more to review. If I can keep someone from being disappointed at the Shuttle Xpress, I consider it my job.
I don't think they come through Amazon itself, but ehobbies and other online hobby retailers.