PDA

View Full Version : NARAM pics - Day One

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-30-2005, 09:55 PM
I'd have more, but my camera batteries died about two hours after I arrived today. If I was taking pictures tonight, I could shut the flash off and light things up with my sunburn. :D
Batteries are recharging right now. I promise to do better the rest of the week. :o

JRThro
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Looks great, Bill. Wish I could be there.

Whose Soyuz/Vostok/Soviet rocket thingie is that?

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-31-2005, 06:32 AM
The Soyuz rocket and the two saucers belong to TRF's Rocket Al. I just couldn't fit it in the caption. The Soyuz rocket flew great, but only one of the saucers managed to go. In fact, the white saucer never managed a flight despite several attempts. :confused:

Ltvscout
07-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Cool stuff, Bill. Please keep the NARAM info/pics coming as you have time. Thanks!

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll try. Todays update will have to wait until tomorrow. Today wore my old butt out.

Bruce Temple
07-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the pic's Bill! Tell some other of the guys to take pic's too, and give us some details for us SOB's who who coulden't go.
Cheers, Bruce

Rocket-Tech Al
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeppers, that Russian rocket is the Dr Zooch R7 Luna that I reviewed over at EMRR. That thing is a great flyer, although the nose cone was a bit on the loose side for that particular flight, so it had a drag separation right after burnout. Somebody (possibly Bill?) quipped "hey, Al, where'd you get that C6-1 engine?" which actually was pretty funny. The flight was arrow straight and, in spite of the high speed deployment, didn't zipper at all, and suffered only a single shroud line detachment.

For some reason, the Applewhite saucer refused to go, in spite of changing igniters a couple of times. Not it's day. The X-49 Armed Alien Response Unit (the camouflaged USMC saucer next to it) had a couple of great flights, making it ready to submit for the all paper construction model for the EMRR challenge....

Al

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I'm just a quipster. It's one of my more endearing qualities. :rolleyes:
Odd, though. I never would have picked you as a redhead, Al. ;)