PDA

View Full Version : Model Missiles ARCON fin pattern

Phred
04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Gang,

I have a partially built Model Missiles ARCON that has the fins stripped off. Only the bare stubs are left. I would like to rebuild this model to bring to NARAM. Would anyone have the fin patterns, or access to a model and could measure the fins for me?

I would be much obliged, and would be glad to send some free decals...

Oh yeah, the chute is missing as well. I know ot was a square of red plastic, does anyone know the dimensions?

:-)

Thanks!!
Phred

excelsior_rocketry.com

Ltvscout
05-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi Gang,

I have a partially built Model Missiles ARCON that has the fins stripped off. Only the bare stubs are left. I would like to rebuild this model to bring to NARAM. Would anyone have the fin patterns, or access to a model and could measure the fins for me?

Oh yeah, the chute is missing as well. I know ot was a square of red plastic, does anyone know the dimensions?
If/when you get the requested info, please send it on to me as well for YORP. Thanks.

Rocket Doctor
05-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Gang,

:-)

Thanks!!
Phred

excelsior_rocketry.com

Phred

Why don't you contact Bill Stine or Mark Mayfield ??

Phred
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I will most certainly pass this info along, as well as instruction sheets, measurements, etc....

Bill Stine is a great idea: If anyone would share his email, please send it to me off-list to ensure his privacy.

excelsior_rocketry@yahoo.com

Phred

Royatl
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I will most certainly pass this info along, as well as instruction sheets, measurements, etc....

Bill Stine is a great idea: If anyone would share his email, please send it to me off-list to ensure his privacy.

excelsior_rocketry@yahoo.com

Phred

I'm pretty darn sure it's just Bill@Questaerospace.com. Doubt that he needs to keep it private. You can certainly send email to nettie@questaerospace.com and she'll be sure he gets it. She might even be the better person to send to since Bill might be out of the office or the country, even.

Phred
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I received an email from Mark Mayfield with the following info:

The Arcon fin specs are:
Leading edge: 1 9/16"
Adjacent edge: 9/16"
Trailing edge: 1 3/8"
Root edge: 1 1/4"

The red chute is 10 1/8" square. (I have a feeling MMI might have meant for it to be 10" even, but mine is 10 1/8 when fully stretched on the table.

I spent the day scanning all of the instructions, and flyers included with my kit. I will send them to Scott as soon as I can, but I am afraid that it will not be until next week.

Phred