PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with info on the Cygnus Probe Ship ?

ghrocketman
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I know this was probably before your time RD, but do you have any info or know anyone with info about the 1980 catalog-only never-produced Estes #1351 Cygnus Probe Ship from the movie "The Black Hole"

I heard the stories about the Cylon Raider and instability, but never heard ANYTHING about the Cygnus Probe Ship.
The catalog picture is obviously just an "artist's rendering" and not a real photo. Was supposed to be available in June of 1980.
I'd really like to know what the deal was there and if any prototypes were ever built (and any photos thereof), which I would like to re-create.
Wonder if it was cancelled because of predicted low sales due to the movie basically being a box-office flop compared to the "Star Wars" movies of that time-frame.

Looks like it would have been an enjoyable build that is even more complicated than a Mars Lander, which would make the Skill Level 3 rating WAY OFF.

dwmzmm
05-25-2008, 10:55 AM
RD, I've also wondered about this kit, too. Looks to me it'll make an interesting and fun
build.

HenryMac
01-23-2022, 07:07 PM
I know this was probably before your time RD, but do you have any info or know anyone with info about the 1980 catalog-only never-produced Estes #1351 Cygnus Probe Ship from the movie "The Black Hole".....
https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showpost.php?p=67594&postcount=77

BEC
01-23-2022, 09:48 PM
...interesting dredging up a 14-year-old thread and then pointing to a 13-year-old thread.....