PDA

View Full Version : The Black Hole Betty

Arley Davis
08-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I am looking for the plans for the North Coast Rocketry’s Black Hole Betty, this mid power rocket is so cool. With the plans it would be nice also to have a copy of the fins, decals and a parts list. If you know of a copy of the rocket plans email me at arleydavis@cox.net.

grog
08-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Did you find a copy of the plans? If not, I found my plans this evening and can make a copy for you.

Greg

Arley Davis
08-15-2005, 11:39 AM
No I have not found the plans, if you have them I would love to recive a copy of them. Do you also have a copy of the fin patterns and a copy of the decals as will. If you wish you can email me the plans as a jpeg or mail them to me and I will reinpurse the cost of shiping. If you wish to send it by email my address is arleydavis@cox.net. Thank You very much.

EchoVictor
08-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Greg,

could you please e-mail me a copy of these plans as well?

Thanks,
EV

Arley Davis
09-02-2005, 07:44 PM
What I have is the plans only for the 106” Korono and the Hobgoblin, which is an upscale of the Estes Goblin. As for kits I have the original NCR Bomark with balsa fins and 2 Estes NCR kits the Star Wars X-Wing Fighter and the Interceptor G. I have all but the X-Wing scanned onto my computer.

At this time Greg is sending me the plans for Black Hole Betty, a little at a time so fare I have 8 pages.

I am still looking for the Quasar NC and the Avator, also any fin patterns or decals for the Korono and Hobgoblin. I know I can take them from the catalog but I would like to have a copy of the original fins and Decals.

rkt2k1
09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Arley / Greg,

Any chance of getting these plans posted online somewhere for the other interested modelers? I have some web space if you need a place to post.

Thanks,

... Bill

Ltvscout
09-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Arley / Greg,

Any chance of getting these plans posted online somewhere for the other interested modelers? I have some web space if you need a place to post.

Thanks,

... Bill
I can't post NCR plans. Matt Steele plans on selling "plan packs" in the future for those that want to clone the old NCR kits.

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I can't post NCR plans. Matt Steele plans on selling "plan packs" in the future for those that want to clone the old NCR kits.

Good idea. I've always wondered why more people don't do something like this, Shrox being the case in point.

Arley Davis
09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
As Scott said I can not bost them, Put I would be willing to excange plans with others for plans of kits I want.

rraeford
09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
As far as the HobGoblin decals are concerned, I can tell you that they were made from an original Estes Goblin decal sheet. They were enlarged photomechanically (as this was some years ago before desktop scanners were so commonplace), then cleaned up by hand. The enlargement brought out the rouch edges of the silkscreened originals and required they be virtually redrawn.

After the cleanup, the “Hob” was added to the “Goblin” and all pieces were sent to Matt and Chris to make the decals. I know this because I did them. Somewhere in all my junk I have the original enlargements. Unfortunately, I never got an actual kit (nor was I properly compensated but that's another story and mostly my fault). So, I don't know if they were waterslide decals or vinyl transfers. someone who built it would know.

I was not impressed with the finished product. I saw Tom Binford's HobGoblin long ago and thought they missed capturing the shape and personality of the original. Roy Green did a much better job upscaling his MegaAlpha.

Anyway, I'd really like it if Matt would sell plan packs. Shrox too. Has anyone emailed him about it? Maybe I will.

Rraeford

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-06-2005, 11:09 PM
The subject has come up on TRF, but he's never really shown much interest. He did post his StarShuttle plan to say thanks to everyone for the auction that was run in his interest. Seems like a pretty good way of making quick $$$, even if it is on a small scale. He doesn't have to mess around with stock, and I'm sure that he could make some cool alternative plans that use current kits as starting points. I personally would love to see what he could do with the Renegade cones. :cool: