PDA

View Full Version : Sea Strike 'D'

space_bus
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Anyone have an Estes Sea Strike 'D' kit they'd be willing to scan the decals from?

I've been thinking of cloning this kit, but, while plans are available, the decal scans aren't out there.

Green Dragon
06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
these have been sadly mising form any online posting, or repro offerings for years.

I have an original I'd liek to restore, need the decals though :(

Would loan out the vintage one if that would help someone redraw the decals ?

( and if anyone has a kit, BEGS )

~ AL

InFlight
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
these have been sadly mising form any online posting, or repro offerings for years.

I have an original I'd liek to restore, need the decals though :(

Would loan out the vintage one if that would help someone redraw the decals ?

( and if anyone has a kit, BEGS )

~ AL
Could you take some pictures of the model and post them here. Need to see the details going all the way around the model. Need some basic measurements like how long is the silver band, etc...

Royatl
07-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Sea Strike D decals were off-shoots (may have been some of the same graphics) of the Interceptor. Later the same style (and again, maybe some of the same graphics) were used on the Pathfinder.

I have a Sea Strike D from 1980, but the decals were never applied and are long gone.

Green Dragon
07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Sea Strike D decals were off-shoots (may have been some of the same graphics) of the Interceptor. Later the same style (and again, maybe some of the same graphics) were used on the Pathfinder.

I have a Sea Strike D from 1980, but the decals were never applied and are long gone.

The Pathfinder decals are indeed VERY similar.

I noticed that and have already checked them against each other - same style, but differing size and lettering / text.

Definately inspired form each other, however.

Will get some pics and measurements from my Sea Strike when I can .

~ AL

chronister
07-03-2008, 03:52 PM
The Sea Strike D was always one of my favorite rockets in the old catalogs when I was a kid. I never had one though.

I do have a Pathfinder decal sheet if anyone wants it.