can use future floor wax over any thing in place of clear of coat

could you apply over the estes naji wich has a like paper over it

http://www.estesrockets.com/rockets.php?pid=001300

CPMcGraw
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
can use future floor wax over any thing in place of clear of coat

could you apply over the estes naji wich has a like paper over it

http://www.estesrockets.com/rockets.php?pid=001300

Well, it's not a wax, but an acrylic. Small point...

It should. But if you've got an older model with the same type of paper coating that you don't fly anymore, or wouldn't feel bad if something happened to it, try it on that one first. That way, if it doesn't work the way you like, you haven't ruined anything important.

You can foam-brush the Future onto the model and it will generally flow evenly. However, airbrushing will produce the best results. You can spray Future straight without thinning, using 25-40 PSI. Clean up with clear ammonia or Windex (OUTDOORS!).

rangerstl
07-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Este$$$, I'll attempt to answer the question I think you asked... It makes it easier on us if you are considerate and use complete sentences with the nouns, verbs, punctuation and all those other details in their proper places.

OK I'm done being a Fuddy-Duddy. :D

I agree with McGraw. You CAN brush it on, but it's best to airbrush. I tried a foam brush like you would use for wood stain and had lots of trouble. Whenever the foam was pressed against the model, the future foamed out of it and had bunches of air bubbles trapped in it.

When airbrushing, just hose it on there and let it run. when the drips gather on the ends of the fin or nose cone, touch them lightly with a paper towel to pull off the excess. Remember th do the nose cone and body separaetly or they will be forever fused together!!!!

The only possible issue would be if the future wet through the paper and darkened it by filling in all the microscopic air spaces in the paper. It's best to try on a piece of scrap like a crashed rocket.