PDA

View Full Version : Estes Python?

Rocketflyer
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
I need some help. I was given a set of fins (4), two sections of body tubes and an plastic coupler, plus some sticky decals. No nose cone or engine mounts. The fins look to be from the
OOP Estes Python kit. What is the BT size, and whatsize nosecone can I put on this? I'm just going to build something out of it, with the fins, add some strakes, and come up with a 24mmt for it. JimZ's site doesn't have it listed. I'm going to see if the person has the plans. (I sure hope so).

Thanks!

Jack

Ltvscout
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I need some help. I was given a set of fins (4), two sections of body tubes and an plastic coupler, plus some sticky decals. No nose cone or engine mounts. The fins look to be from the
OOP Estes Python kit. What is the BT size, and whatsize nosecone can I put on this? I'm just going to build something out of it, with the fins, add some strakes, and come up with a 24mmt for it. JimZ's site doesn't have it listed. I'm going to see if the person has the plans. (I sure hope so).
If someone has these plans/decals/templates, etc, please send the scans to me as well so I can post them on YORP.

johnnwwa
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
If someone has these plans/decals/templates, etc, please send the scans to me as well so I can post them on YORP.

Ltvscout
Let me check. I have one unbuilt opened may take a day or two to find this kit.

FYI
I sent in decals in white and blue decal paper waterslide for the Alpha III. :)

BAR
John

Ltvscout
07-22-2008, 05:32 PM
FYI
I sent in decals in white and blue decal paper waterslide for the Alpha III. :)

Got 'em. Thank you, sir!

barone
07-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks!

Jack
Jack,

I downloaded the plans from the Estes site before the makeover. I'll email them to you (too big to post here.)

BT is BT60. Recommended motors were the D12-5 and D12-7.

Rocketflyer
07-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Ok, got it, BT 60. Now to make up some centering rings ang a MMT, and secure a nice long nose cone.

I got the decals, last night, from the person who gave me the parts.
LTV Scout, do you want me to send them to Buzz for scanning? Send them to Phred?

Thank You for the replies and help. I appreciate it.

Jack

Ltvscout
07-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Ok, got it, BT 60. Now to make up some centering rings ang a MMT, and secure a nice long nose cone.

LTV Scout, do you want me to send them to Buzz for scanning? Send them to Phred?

Jack
Jack,

If you don't mind mailing them to Buzz if you don't have a scanner, that would be great. You can contact him for his snail mail info.

Rocketflyer
07-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Jack,

If you don't mind mailing them to Buzz if you don't have a scanner, that would be great. You can contact him for his snail mail info.

PM sent to Buzz. I'll send them on the way ASAP.

Jack

Royatl
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Jack

Wait, are you talking about the Python 4 ASRAMM? That is a BT-55 that uses 18mm motors.

The Python from 1996 is NOT a BT-60. It is a special tube that is 1.84" or so OD.

Rocketflyer
07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Wait, are you talking about the Python 4 ASRAMM? That is a BT-55 that uses 18mm motors.

The Python from 1996 is NOT a BT-60. It is a special tube that is 1.84" or so OD.

Uh oh. Special? :confused: I don't have a BT60 nose cone to check it out for dia. I'm a "bare bones" modeler

Skippy
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Rocketflyer, are you talking about the Python with the two piece plastic TTW fins? If so, I think this is Estes 2129, and the tube is indeed a fairly unique 47mm (1.84") one. I have one of these here that someone has opened and just built up the fins, everything else is complete. Let me know what dimensions/pictures you need. Just remember I'm in a different time zone and may take a half day to answer.

barone
07-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Jack.....my bad. I looked at the CR-5060 and ass-umed motor mount was mounted using it. I went back and looked at the instructions and see that the CR is mounted against the real CRs that accept the thru the wall fins. The BT is a BT-1835 (1.835" diameter) as referenced from the Estes Body Tube/Kit Reference list at this web site....

http://rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Body_Tube_List_3.1.pdf

Part number 031181 is the slotted BT at 15.313 inches long and 031762 is the payload BT at 11 inches long.

Rocketflyer
07-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Rocketflyer, are you talking about the Python with the two piece plastic TTW fins? If so, I think this is Estes 2129, and the tube is indeed a fairly unique 47mm (1.84") one. I have one of these here that someone has opened and just built up the fins, everything else is complete. Let me know what dimensions/pictures you need. Just remember I'm in a different time zone and may take a half day to answer.

Skippy,

Yes, that's the one! Need a full size scan of the centering rings for the MMT. Guess I'm gonna need a "special" nose cone, or just use the fins for something else.
No worries about time zones, I'll be away for NARAM. Thank you very much, Skippy, much appreciated.

Barone, thank you for your work tracking stuff down.

Jack

johnnwwa
07-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Just to let you all know. I'm in the process of scanning all of the instructions, fins , centering rings. and assorted parts for this kit. Decals were sent to Scott yesterday. For some reason this kit have been barried in my pile. Will send more scans after work today.

BAR
John

Ltvscout
07-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Just to let you all know. I'm in the process of scanning all of the instructions, fins , centering rings. and assorted parts for this kit. Decals were sent to Scott yesterday. For some reason this kit have been barried in my pile. Will send more scans after work today.
Hmmm, I didn't get the decals.

Rocketflyer
07-24-2008, 10:32 AM

Scott,
I have Buzz's address. I'll send them out when I leave for NARAM in the AM.

Jack

johnnwwa
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Hmmmm? Sent to you scott@oldrocketplans.com

BAR
John

Ltvscout
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Hmmmm? Sent to you scott@oldrocketplans.com

BAR
John
Odd. I got everything you sent this afternoon. Try sending a message with the subject of Test to the above address again to see if it comes through.

I'd like to thank John for sending me the plans/templates/decal scans of the #2129 Python today. I'll see if I can get it online by the weekend.

johnnwwa
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Odd. I got everything you sent this afternoon. Try sending a message with the subject of Test to the above address again to see if it comes through.

I'd like to thank John for sending me the plans/templates/decal scans of the #2129 Python today. I'll see if I can get it online by the weekend.

Sent test email .

All thats left is to send scan of header Card /Box in this case :)

BAR
John

Skippy
07-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Does anyone want me to post a picture and measurements of the nosecone? I sent Rocketflyer an email to say I had scanned the CRs for him.

Ltvscout
07-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Does anyone want me to post a picture and measurements of the nosecone? I sent Rocketflyer an email to say I had scanned the CRs for him.
Email it to me to include in the plans I post. Send it to scotth at execpc dot com. Send me your full real name as well so you can be credited. Thanks.