PDA

View Full Version : Three days And Counting to NARAM 50

Rocket Doctor
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
It doesn't seem possible that NARAM 50, the golden anniversary of model rocketry is only three days away.

As we count down to this historic event, I know not everyone here on the forum will be able to attend, but, you spirit and dedication will be there.

Vern and Gleda will celebrate their 50th anniversary of their "little venture" that set the GOLD standard for the hobby and we all Thank them for their dedication and support.

Those in attendance of NARAM 50, don't forget to bring you Golden Scout along and also send an email to semroc before 3:00 pm on Thursday July 24th stating that you will be flying your Golden Scout at NARAM 50.

Pleanty of surprises and great rocketry at NARAM 50.

Don't forget to get in your official flight before July runs out and don't forget to get additional Golden scouts as well, when the numbered Golden Scout are gone, that's it, there HISTORY.

The Golden Scout will become very collectible and rare after NARAM and will only increase in value, don't miss out.

Send in your orders before 3:00 pm on Thursday July 24th, the last day to order your Golden Scout, with less than 300 still available.www.semroc.com

And as I have mentioned before, Thanks for your participation in the Golden Scout and the Sky Of Gold celebration.

And a big Thanks go out to Vern and Gleda for making the 50th anniversary a huge success.

sandman
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I have pack, repacked and started over again 6 times!

I am bound and determined to going to get everything in my truck! :mad:

Leo
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I have pack, repacked and started over again 6 times!

I am bound and determined to going to get everything in my truck! :mad:

Don't forget the toothbrush :D

sandman
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I may have to put the Golden Scouts and my toothbrush in my glove compartment.

I guess I can leave my gloves home. :rolleyes:

Royatl
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM

You know, in my 45+ years of memories of riding in and driving cars, I can't remember one time that I've ever seen gloves in a glove compartment.

jflis
07-23-2008, 09:14 PM

Why do I get this mental image of Gordy pulling up with a pair of golden scouts epoxied to his hood like little hood ornaments... :)

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Why do I get this mental image of Gordy pulling up with a pair of golden scouts epoxied to his hood like little hood ornaments... :)

Because your mind won't let you imagine him pulling up with them epoxied on like pasties? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sandman
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Because your mind won't let you imagine him pulling up with them epoxied on like pasties? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh...I was thinking earings.

Pyro Pro
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
I still need to finish my scale project :eek:

And find my NAR card... somewhere...

jflis
07-24-2008, 05:55 AM

Oh man... ...I'm afraid to dream now...

LOL

mperdue
07-24-2008, 06:12 AM
You know, in my 45+ years of memories of riding in and driving cars, I can't remember one time that I've ever seen gloves in a glove compartment.You've obviously never been in my car...

mperdue
07-24-2008, 06:15 AM
I hope everyone going has a great time. I had planned to be there but my most recent surgery (last Friday) prevents me from attending. With luck I have but one more surgery to go and I'll be free to rejoin the real world.

Mario

Rocket Doctor
07-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Mario....

RD

Rocketflyer
07-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I hope everyone going has a great time. I had planned to be there but my most recent surgery (last Friday) prevents me from attending. With luck I have but one more surgery to go and I'll be free to rejoin the real world.

Mario

There are quite a few, here, that know abiut majr surgery, so we can empathize with you. What is need is for you to take care and you will be back before you know it.

Jack

Royatl
07-24-2008, 06:55 AM
You've obviously never been in my car...

well, I suppose it may be that I've never been to the northern climes in winter, when gloves are much more likely to be used.

mperdue
07-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Mario....

RD
Thanks, RD.

mperdue
07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
There are quite a few, here, that know abiut majr surgery, so we can empathize with you. What is need is for you to take care and you will be back before you know it.Fortunately it's not so much major surgery as it is a major pain in the butt to wait out each procedure. The good news is that when it's all over a long standing problem with one of my kidneys will be corrected. Being pain free for the first time in over 2 decades is worth the discomfort that I'm currently going through.

JRThro
07-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Fortunately it's not so much major surgery as it is a major pain in the butt to wait out each procedure. The good news is that when it's all over a long standing problem with one of my kidneys will be corrected. Being pain free for the first time in over 2 decades is worth the discomfort that I'm currently going through.
I'm sure that's true, Mario. Best of luck with the procedure(s), and have a speedy and uneventful recovery!

mperdue
07-24-2008, 09:18 AM
One good thing about not going to NARAM is it gives me the time to work on a build article that is really cool - you guys will like it. Someone punch a hole in the sky for me.

Phred
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear you will not be able to make NARAM Mario.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

I have packed my rockets and repacked them for two weeks now... there always seem to be a few more!!

My Wife and I are going to a Wedding in Maryland on Sat night, NARAM Sun night, Monday and Tuesday, then on to Virginia Beach. We will be driving our Mini Cooper. Space is an issue not because of the Mini.... but because my wife will be along!!

When I go to NEMROC in Massachusetts by myself, I am able to bring almost 100 rockets, plus the laptop, decal printer and supplies, plus a cooler.

Fitting wedding clothes and a week of vacation clothes for both of us, plus rockets will not be easy.

For NARAM I am bringing 36 rockets, and minimal launch supplies. 35 of the rockets are vintage, and were built 'back in the old days' . The last is my vintage, original MMI Arcon I just built and will bring to fly. These are not shelf queens: I plan on flying as many as possible in the two days I am there.

Well, The rockets are almost ready to go... I have to empty my small flight box, then refill it with all I need, and get rid of the junk. Then I will be ready to put the rockets in the car.

Next will be decals. I am still printing like crazy, trying to guess who will buy what.....

Yes Gord, I have already put a chair in the car!! Thanks again for letting me hang with you!!

Phred

sandman
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
One good thing about not going to NARAM is it gives me the time to work on a build article that is really cool - you guys will like it. Someone punch a hole in the sky for me.

Hopefully it's what I'm waiting to see. ;)

Get better soon.

Green Dragon
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Someone punch a hole in the sky for me.

Will see what I can do :)

Will a G20 powered SLS scorpion do the trick ?

:)

get well, we'll burn a few for ya !

~ AL

Carl@Semroc
07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Will see what I can do :)

Will a G20 powered SLS scorpion do the trick ?

:)

get well, we'll burn a few for ya !

~ ALWhich G20?

That should be one of the highest altitudes of the week, since that is just under the 4500' waiver for high power!

Green Dragon
07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Which G20?

That should be one of the highest altitudes or the week, since that is just under the 4500' waiver for high power!

Ellis G20-7 (longest delays I have.. hmmmm ) , or a G35-10 ?

if the weather holds, just going to have to do it ... :)

otherise. something more realistic, lol

Look forward to the weekend.. starting to get psyched :D

~ AL

Royatl
07-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Anything that gets more hobby rocketry content into LAUNCH is a good thing.

Shreadvector
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Ellis G20-7 (longest delays I have.. hmmmm ) , or a G35-10 ?

if the weather holds, just going to have to do it ... :)

otherise. something more realistic, lol

Look forward to the weekend.. starting to get psyched :D

~ AL

Only the G20-3 is on the combined NAR/TRA/CAR certified motor list.

http://www.nar.org/SandT/pdf/CombinedMotorsByImpulse.pdf

Shreadvector
07-24-2008, 01:14 PM
And verified on the TRA website:

http://www.tripoli.org/tmt/EFGmotors.shtml

Leo
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Have fun everyone! :)