PDA

View Full Version : Non-Golden Scouts

gpoehlein
08-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I was just wondering - now that the Golden Scout is out of production and unavailable, are the fine folks at Semroc planning to release a regular version of the Scout. I suppose I could always just order the parts, but a kit would be so much nicer.
Greg

Leo
08-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm waiting for that aswell. Hope they don't cost 10 bucks though :)

AKPilot
08-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Did Semroc sell out of their last 400, or so?

I for one bought two and managed to complete the construction, but not the painting. Slap me silly but, I wasn't overly worried about launching in July as I'm thinking of 2008, in general, as the 50th anniversary of rocketry - not pinpointing it to the month. Kinda like back in 2003 for the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers.

I'm finishing one of mine off in the gold, and doing the other in the traditional first-lot colors.

Carl@Semroc
08-03-2008, 11:31 AM
The last of the 1500 Golden Scouts are gone! We provided one to each NARAM-50 banquet participant on August 1. Sheryl did not want to de-kit the last ones and re-kit them without the flight numbers.

They will be sold in the future as Golden Scouts as a commemorative issue without the flight numbers, certificate, etc. The projected list price is $7.50.

The last day to register is August 9. Then the database will be locked out, mailing labels printed, and all the notes and messages to Vern and Gleda will be printed for them. (They have been reading them online!)

gpoehlein
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info, Carl. It'll be time for an another order soon! ;)

Greg

Rocket Doctor
08-04-2008, 05:02 AM
I'm waiting for that aswell. Hope they don't cost 10 bucks though :)

The cost of the Golden Scout included the certificates as well. this is now a historic kit, never to be done again .

Vern and Gleda appreciated all those who participated in the celebration. And we thank all of our partners and especially our international partners.

Leo
08-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Ken, it was a fantastic idea. Thanks for your important roll in the celebration ! :)

On a side note:
The Scout I flew on the 5th July was the first rocket I have flown in Germany since the mid 90's. Therefore it was double special flying the Scout after such a long dry spell.

I do fly rockets every year in the states when I on vacation however :)

Rocket Doctor
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Ken, it was a fantastic idea. Thanks for your important roll in the celebration ! :)

On a side note:
The Scout I flew on the 5th July was the first rocket I have flown in Germany since the mid 90's. Therefore it was double special flying the Scout after such a long dry spell.

I do fly rockets every year in the states when I on vacation however :)

Leo

Thanks for your comments.
When you come over to SC for vacation, we will have to get together and fly some rockets. It's just too bad that you couldn't make it to NARAM 50, it was a great time and a great celebration of the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold.

If you get Sport Rocketry magazine, they will have coverage in a future issue as well.
Best wishes,
Ken

Leo
08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Leo

Thanks for your comments.
When you come over to SC for vacation, we will have to get together and fly some rockets. It's just too bad that you couldn't make it to NARAM 50, it was a great time and a great celebration of the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold.

If you get Sport Rocketry magazine, they will have coverage in a future issue as well.
Best wishes,
Ken

Yes, very much a shame I couldn't attend Naram 50.

I am very much looking forward to our meet soon!