PDA

View Full Version : Old Rocketeer's Reunion DVD now available from NARTS

rocket.aero
09-03-2008, 10:14 AM
All,

Just a quick FYI that the two-DVD set of historic NAR films and videos prepared for this summer's Old Rocketeer's Reunion DVD is now available via NARTS:

https://blastzone.com/nar/narts/store.asp?groupid=12720058171961

This DVD set contains over eight hours of content from the earliest days of the NAR right up until the present. Here's a recap of what the set contains:

Disc 1: NARAM History and Previous Old Rocketeer`s Reunion Events
The 60`s: NARAM 5 & 6 NARAM 12
The 70`s: NARAM 16 NARAM 17
The 80`s: NARAM 24 NARAM 31
The 90`s & Beyond: NARAM 35 NARAM 42/43/44 Scale
Previous Old Rocketeer`s Reunion Events: NARAM 31 ORR, NARAM 41 ORR
Hundreds of historical photographs donated by NAR members

Disc 2: NAR History and More
Early NAR History: G. Harry Stine: Paying Forward
Vintage News Report - G. Harry Stine & YMCA Rocket Club
Estes Industries, 1961
Model Missiles, Inc.
Model Rocketry: The Space-Age Hobby (early NAR promotional film)
Cool Rockets: Cineroc Footage (including Herb Desind demo reel)
George Gassaway: Gliders & Sunguidance
MIT Rocket Society Coverage of late 60`s/early 70`s events
FAI Rocketry: 2002 WSMC - Czech Republic: Lane 13
"Asereje de Merlin"
2006 WSMC - Baikonur
Rockets Gone Wild: George Gassaway prang films
Steel City prang film
Cape Canaveral/Wallops Island prang film

Enjoy,
James

rocket.aero
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Looks like the URL got blasted along the way. To access the ORR DVD on the NARTS online store, use the following URL:

http://www.nar.org/NARTS/index.html

Click on "Secure Online Store" and then on "New Products."

James

snuggles
09-03-2008, 02:56 PM
These are WONDERFUL DVDs!!!!!!!!!!!
You NEED this in your collection!!!!!
Mark Thell
PS Hi James, great visiting with you at NARAM!

Bob Kaplow
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
James, thanks so much for putting this together for everyone to enjoy. I've only had time to skim through much of it, but it's clearly a treasure.

And I have to apologize that I never was able to ressurect my old Beta machine and get a few things I've got transfered to DVD and forwarded to you. Hopefully there will be a second edition some time in the future as more stuff surfaces.

Rocketcrab
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
James, thanks so much for putting this together for everyone to enjoy. I've only had time to skim through much of it, but it's clearly a treasure.

What he said! :D I've only been able to watch it in bits & pieces, but it's worth whatever NARTS is asking for it.

Rocketaholic
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I will definitely get this. Anyone who loves this hobby will appreciate getting this:-)

snaquin
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I just placed my order for the Rocketeer's Reunion DVD's and a couple of sheets of the NAR logo decals.

Can't wait to check out the DVD's after seeing all the interesting pics that were posted on NARAM LIVE. I wish I could have been there in person.

snaquin
09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Enjoy,
James

This is an outstanding DVD set! Having a DVD archive of these historic films and videos in a DVD format will preserve this information for future generations of model rocketeers.

I am very satisfied with my purchase and after viewing only an hour or so of the DVD's last night I can't wait to get back to watching more of the DVD's tonight.

The packaging is excellent as well!

Thanks to all involved with the release of this set at rocket.aero, LAUNCH & NARTS and also to all the individuals who donated their precious films to make this production possible!

:D