PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Clone

AKPilot
09-20-2008, 07:35 AM
I need some help.

A few weeks ago, someone posted both a picture of their original Estes Hawk and a clone they made. The picture was great and showed how easy it is to clone something using available parts. The rocket was painted olive drab and black.

I've done a thorough search through this, and other forums and can't seem to find that thread using every possible key word I can think of.

Can someone help me locate that thread?

Thanks

Ltvscout
09-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Try using army hawk in the search here and elsewhere. That's the full name of the rocket.

AKPilot
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Been there, done that.

Thanks though Scott. Any further ideas or a link?

Ltvscout
09-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Been there, done that.

Thanks though Scott. Any further ideas or a link?
Off the top of my head I can't think of any. I don't recall seeing the thread you're talking about.

AKPilot
09-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Anyone else? This is driving me nuts.

Intruder
09-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Is it this one (http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=3659&highlight=army+hawk)?

AKPilot
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Nope not that one. Thanks though.

tbzep
09-21-2008, 04:47 PM
This one? :D

http://www.fiskofury.com/MY/HAWK-BUCK-ROGERS.jpg

Solomoriah
09-21-2008, 06:49 PM
AK, please check your PM's. Thanks!

thompsonfive
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
How about this one?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/TonyHawk_468x481.jpg

AKPilot
09-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Cute guys.

Well, back to our regularly scheduled program now.

Peartree
09-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Maybe this one on EMRR?

http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/oop/est_hawk.shtml

AKPilot
09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
And Peartree's the winner!!!

I don't know why I was thinking it was a post, versus being on EMRR. Oh well, thanks again Peartree.

As a prize, how about I send you one of our fighters straight off the production line? Care for an F-15, F-18, or T-45? You have to pay for all maint, fuel, and logistics costs though. LOL!

tbzep
09-22-2008, 04:54 PM

I don't know why I was thinking it was a post, versus being on EMRR. Oh well, thanks again Peartree.

As a prize, how about I send you one of our fighters straight off the production line? Care for an F-15, F-18, or T-45? You have to pay for all maint, fuel, and logistics costs though. LOL!

Go for the F-15....better vertical performance! :D

Peartree
09-22-2008, 05:44 PM

My lawn's too short for most fighters and there's too many trees for a VTOL, besides, I can barely afford to feed three preteen kids, feeding all the ground crew would be miserable. No worries though, I'm sure I can find a buyer. I hear Israel usually has a healthy budget for such things.

Can you drop ship it for me? :D

Green Dragon
09-25-2008, 02:54 AM
are the decal scans for this one posted ?

have a vintage kit I need to restore, and parts for a clone or two.. ut no decals.

~ AL

timorley
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
are the decal scans for this one posted ?

have a vintage kit I need to restore, and parts for a clone or two.. ut no decals.

~ AL

I've not found this on YORP or JimZ. I've seen the plans online, I think at Shasta, but no decals.

I have an open unbuilt kit, I'll scan my plans, decals and fins and submit them to YORP. If you need a scan of the decals quicker, just PM me.

Ltvscout
10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I have an open unbuilt kit, I'll scan my plans, decals and fins and submit them to YORP. If you need a scan of the decals quicker, just PM me.
Thanks, Tim. Send them to scotth at execpc dot com whenever you get them done.

timorley
10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks, Tim. Send them to scotth at execpc dot com whenever you get them done.

I just emailed them.

I also emailed you Centuri KD-1 Stellar Lancer scans.

Ltvscout
10-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I just emailed them.

I also emailed you Centuri KD-1 Stellar Lancer scans.
Got 'em. Thanks, Tim!

Al, you may want to contact Tim to have him send you the decal scans. It'll be a bit before I have the time to get them online.

Leo
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM
or use my scan:

Decal download here (http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/rockets/plans/estes_armyhawk_2811/armyhawk_2811_600_decal.jpg)

:)

timorley
10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Got 'em. Thanks, Tim!

Al, you may want to contact Tim to have him send you the decal scans. It'll be a bit before I have the time to get them online.

No problems with that, although I see Leo has posted a link to his scans, thanks Leo!

Rocketeer48
02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
I need some help.

A few weeks ago, someone posted both a picture of their original Estes Hawk and a clone they made. The picture was great and showed how easy it is to clone something using available parts. The rocket was painted olive drab and black.

I've done a thorough search through this, and other forums and can't seem to find that thread using every possible key word I can think of.

Can someone help me locate that thread?

Thanks

Contact jdbectec on this site. He had one for sale when I was looking for plans myself. I'm trying to recall who posted the pictures but my memory fails me but I know the one your talking about.