PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Leo

Rocket Doctor
10-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Leo should have arrived by now in the South carolina area and will be joining the Rocket Doctor to talk rockets.

Welcome Leo.

Gus
10-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Doctor,

Please thank Leo personally for me for all the great help he gave me earlier this year in obtaining a G. Harry Stine book from Amazon Germany.

Leo is a true gentleman.

Rocket Doctor
10-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Doctor,

Please thank Leo personally for me for all the great help he gave me earlier this year in obtaining a G. Harry Stine book from Amazon Germany.

Leo is a true gentleman.

I will certainly let him know.

There was a flight coming in from Germany to Charlotte airport with smoke in the cockpit, I hope that wasn't Leo's flight.

Haven't heard from him yet?????

Leo
10-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Everyone, I made it safe and sound into Charlotte last evening. Flight was perfect. The complete east coast was cloudless so the scenery from 11 thousand feet to the ground was great!

I'm fighting jetlag as I write this but hope it will be gone soon.

This whole Forum is filled with true gentlemen!

@Ken I'll send you an email as soon as I know my agenda :)

Rocket Doctor
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Welcome Leo

I'm glad that your flight went off without a hitch.
And, the weather is good as well.
Ken

tbzep
10-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the USA, Southern style. Kick off your shoes, grab some iced tea, and relax a while. :cool:

Peartree
10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome Leo.

I've usually found that my jetlag coming east to west was not nearly as bad as going wast to east.

I hope you have a grand time.

Blessings,

John

jj94
10-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the USA Leo. Enjoy the great weather down there.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you here anyways? I'm just curious because this whole thing came up out of nowhere for me.

pantherjon
10-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome Leo! :)

dwmzmm
10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the USA Leo. Enjoy the great weather down there.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you here anyways? I'm just curious because this whole thing came up out of nowhere for me.

Maybe he has a job interview for Estes?! :D

Rocket Doctor
10-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Maybe he has a job interview for Estes?! :D

If that were the case, Leo would be about 2200 miles off base..........................

pantherjon
10-13-2008, 07:27 AM
And would end up taking that much of a percentage pay cut too I would imagine!..rotflmao..

Yeah, we really do need a chuckling icon here!

jetlag
10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Maybe a German division of Estes would do well. Look how nice the Revell kits are when they are made in Germany. Just a thought :D
Leo, welcome to the States! Sorry the main launch in Orangeburg was too early for your arrival.
Allen M

Leo
10-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, thanks for the wishes everyone :)

The weather in SC is perfect ATM.

First thing I did was to take advantage of the 40% HL coupon :D
On Monday I purchased another Interceptor E, an Estes Eagle and some tidbits :)
On Tuesday I went and got an Estes Sandhawk :)

I then started building the Eagle in the morning:
http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Worktable.jpg

After lunch I packed up my Twinstar II and had some great flying:
http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Twinstar.jpg

Later in the evening it was time to fly my Fatboy. First flight was with a B6-4 and the second flight was with a C6-5:
http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Fatboy_1.jpg

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Fatboy_2.jpg

Still have lotsa things to do. On the angenda for next week, among other things, is to vist the Rocket Doctor.

Rocket Doctor
10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes, Leo will be visiting the Doctor on Wednesday............Lookinf forward to some great rocketry talk, lunch and a few surprises as well.

Leo
10-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Ok, I did it again. Today I got myself the small Interceptor at HL. I have to watch out that I get everything in to my luggage :)

Rocket Doctor
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Leo

They have limits on the number of bags and the weight.......................

RD

Peartree
10-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I used to travel a lot for work.

If you buy too many souvenirs, use UPS (or the Post Office) to ship your clothes home and carry your new stuff in your luggage.

So what if the Post Office loses your old socks? :D

Leo
10-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Not to worry fellas. I have everything under control :D

Rocket Doctor
10-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Not to worry fellas. I have everything under control :D

You can use Rocket Mail Leo, can't use FedEx or UPS, because they merged and now their called "Fed Up"................

Leo
10-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Sad news :( My vacation has come to an end. I'm back in Germany as of today (Sunday).

Last week I finished the Estes Eagle. Because I didn't have the recommended engines I had to use the ones I had.

First flight was on a B6-4. Straight flight but 4 sec is too long for delay. Rocket came down and ejected some 20 feet above the ground. The glider made 2 or 3 turns before landing in the grass.

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Eagle_Launchpad.jpg

For the second flight I decided to try a C6-5. Powered flight was erratic and this also came straight down on it's delay. Ejection was higher than before and I lost the glider. After a long search I got lucky and retrieved it. Upon inspection the exhaust heat bent the rear wing. A hairdryer fixed that though :)

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/SC_Oct_2008/Eagle_Bent_Rearwing.jpg

Had a great time flying rockets and planes, visiting the Euro Auto Festival at the BMW plant in Spartanburg, checking out the Georgia Mall and many many other things.

A very special thank you goes out to the Rocket Doctor and Diana. I had a wonderful time talking about life and rockets with you guys!! :)

Rocket Doctor
10-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Leo
Your most welcome.
We had a great day talking rockets and life in general, stop back anytime. Great to get to meet you.

Best wishes,

RD and Diana