PDA

View Full Version : Want estes astron sprint & citation patriot

2BOO74
11-08-2008, 11:03 PM
I am in search of an estes astron sprint new in bag. I will buy one or two if found. I also would like the old Patriot Kit from the early 80's. I may consider trading an Estes Astro Bee from the same time period. I have two in the bag. e-mail jpboure2@Aol if you can help
I am also interested in a cloned kit of the sprint if anyone makes one.

Gus
11-08-2008, 11:16 PM
You can buy most of the parts, including laser-cut fins, for the Sprint at Semroc. (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/ClassicParts.asp?ID=49)

If you want an upscale Sprint kit you can get one from Sandman. (gagnello@yahoo.com)

mojo1986
11-09-2008, 06:14 AM
I didn't read in the guy's post that he was suggesting a one-for-one trade. Why not cut him a little slack, especially since he's a junior rocketeer?

Joe

lurker01
11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I didn't read in the guy's post that he was suggesting a one-for-one trade. Why not cut him a little slack, especially since he's a junior rocketeer?

Joe

Joe,

What is a 'Junior Rocketeer' doing remembering those kits from the 1970s/early 80s!? Just joking, yes you are right cut him some slack, but I agree, an Astrobee isn't in the same collectible league as a Patriot. There is one hanging in one of the last of two Hobby Bench stores owned by Lee Piester. Everytime I walk in to check the rocket stuff I walk underneath it and am impressed by its over all size and the huge 4 color patriotic decals :)

Bob

P.s. 1 Patriot = 3 Astrobee + lots of begging!

Tau Zero
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
There is one hanging in one of the last of two Hobby Bench stores owned by Lee Piester. Everytime I walk in to check the rocket stuff I walk underneath it and am impressed by its over all size and the huge 4 color patriotic decals :)Bob,

Which store location is that? :cool:

"Inquiring minds want to know." ;) :D

Cheers,

Der Red Max
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
...especially since he's a junior rocketeer?

True, I didn't catch that. I'll withdraw the post.

2BOO74
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I am in search of an estes astron sprint new in bag. I will buy one or two if found. I also would like the old Patriot Kit from the early 80's. I may consider trading an Estes Astro Bee from the same time period. I have two in the bag. e-mail jpboure2@Aol if you can help

Guys, thanks for the info. The Patriot I'd consider buying outright but I am not as fond of it as the Sprint. I was in the hobby from 1981 - 1986 off and on. It's been maybe 12 years since I was really invloved. Got back in recently and don't like the newer kits as much as the older. I have bought a few newer kits that had nose cones out of correct shape but the company at issue resolved this by mailing me good replacements I have cloned two Red Max kits and have a few parts from left over bins at an old hobby shop in my area to start a Sprint, just need the body tube and nose cone. I still would like a kit. I may have made a mistake with one Red Max, I had what I believe is a d-engine mount in it now and was wondering if anyone has done this before? I was shooting for more altitude and have no idea what I got myself into. Looking for some friendly feedback here.I would do a partial trade of an astro bee and cash for the Sprint. As for the Junior Rocketeer thing I'll take it I have a lot to learn here! Thanks for the info and some of the wise cracks ! : )

2BOO74
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
You can buy most of the parts, including laser-cut fins, for the Sprint at Semroc. (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/ClassicParts.asp?ID=49)

If you want an upscale Sprint kit you can get one from Sandman. (gagnello@yahoo.com)

Thanks for the info ! Just trying to take a trip down memory lane as a young kid my dad and brother and I built a few kits. My favorites were the Red Max, Sprint and Astro Bee. My brother built the Blue Bird Zero and Teros. I think after those were OOP I built a Sizzler and a handful of Wizard kit's. The one I had but wasn't interested in was the Patriot. Now I wish I had that one kit back to build. I threw it out... Thanks again for your help! If anyone has a number to a shop that has that Patriot I'd be interested in it now.

Thanks

tbzep
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Guys, thanks for the info. The Patriot I'd consider buying outright but I am not as fond of it as the Sprint. I was in the hobby from 1981 - 1986 off and on. It's been maybe 12 years since I was really invloved. Got back in recently and don't like the newer kits as much as the older. I have bought a few newer kits that had nose cones out of correct shape but the company at issue resolved this by mailing me good replacements I have cloned two Red Max kits and have a few parts from left over bins at an old hobby shop in my area to start a Sprint, just need the body tube and nose cone. I still would like a kit. I may have made a mistake with one Red Max, I had what I believe is a d-engine mount in it now and was wondering if anyone has done this before? I was shooting for more altitude and have no idea what I got myself into. Looking for some friendly feedback here.I would do a partial trade of an astro bee and cash for the Sprint. As for the Junior Rocketeer thing I'll take it I have a lot to learn here! Thanks for the info and some of the wise cracks ! : )

A "D" mount is pretty common with the Red Max. If I were you, I'd fly it with an adapter on a B6-4 or a C6-5 first, just to get an idea of how high it may go and how far it will drift. A D12 motor will spank it pretty good.

BTW, if you build the Sprint from scratch, take a look at Excelsior Rocketry (http://towrowrow.tripod.com/excelsiorrocketry/) for decals, or look into making your own decals. I make all of my own, except for decals with white or metallic colors.

DaveR
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Guys......... As for the Junior Rocketeer thing I'll take it I have a lot to learn here! Thanks for the info and some of the wise cracks ! : )

I may be out of turn here, but I think the "Junior Rocketeer" tag that appears under your handle is based on how many posts you have made (ex. Junior Rocketeer, Craftsman and so on). So it's possible that tag would appear under Vern's name if he were to register and begin posting here, and he certainly couldn't be called a JR. Rocketeer.

You can change that handle to whatever you want in the user cp.

Pardon the interuption..........

sandman
11-10-2008, 03:42 PM

As for the Sprint, I do make an upscaled kit but for a standard size you can find all of the parts you need except he decals at SEMROC

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/default.asp

Just go to the top and do a search for "Sprint" They have the laser cut fins and the nose cone is a SEMROC BNC-50X

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=578

If you need decals I have them or you can go to Excelcior

http://excelsiorrocketry.com/

Go to "Classic Estes decal" and scroll down ...way down...to the Sprint.

For plans and everything else go to JimZ's site

http://www.dars.org/jimz/estes.htm

That should keep you busy for a while. :D