PDA

View Full Version : FSI Intrepid

barone
11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Guess we'll need to post these here until we get everyone used to checking the auction site.... ;)

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?item=41227748455

JAL3
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I am SOOOOOO jazzed to see the auction up and running. I spent way too much time on Ebay looking at and for OOP rockets. Their new Paypal only policy drove me away. Now, that pent up BAR demand can be mollified to some degree. :D

Y'all might want to think about putting a lind direct to the auctions somewhere on the YORF page.

barone
11-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I am SOOOOOO jazzed to see the auction up and running. I spent way too much time on Ebay looking at and for OOP rockets. Their new Paypal only policy drove me away. Now, that pent up BAR demand can be mollified to some degree. :D

Y'all might want to think about putting a lind direct to the auctions somewhere on the YORF page.
There is a link on the home page.....

http://rocketshoppe.com/

Now, get in there and do some bidding...... :D

JAL3
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
There is a link on the home page.....

http://rocketshoppe.com/

Now, get in there and do some bidding...... :D

I'd already put in a bid when I posted. Actually, I put in bids on everything up there currently.

When I was talking about the link, I meant one at the top of the Old Rocket Forum pages, the actual forum, as opposed to the cluster of related sites. (I mean the blue pages instead of the greean and white ones).

For some reason, typing that link in my browser brings me here. So does oldrocketforum and forums.rocketshoppe. The only way I can reliable get to the auction or any of the green/white pages is to come here, find the right thread and click the link.

barone
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
.......For some reason, typing that link in my browser brings me here. So does oldrocketforum and forums.rocketshoppe. The only way I can reliable get to the auction or any of the green/white pages is to come here, find the right thread and click the link.
Strange.....the link I posted above takes me to the home page listing all the links...... :confused:

Ltvscout
11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm glad to see those FSI kits getting some bids. I was beginning to think (hope! hehe) I'd be getting a 2for1 sale on those two when I sniped them at the closing.

barone
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Scott,

John (JAL3) made an interesting point in his earlier post. Is it possible to have a link installed in the header of the forum, maybe under the Quick Links drop down, to the auction home page? I know after I've surfed thru some of these threads, I have to go back to my favorites to get back to the home page to make it to the auction page.....(maybe I should put a link to the auction page in my favorites.... :rolleyes: )

barone
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm glad to see those FSI kits getting some bids. I was beginning to think (hope! hehe) I'd be getting a 2for1 sale on those two when I sniped them at the closing.
Speaking of snipes.....does this work like Ebay where you can get sniped or is there the snipe protection like what used to be on Rocketry On-line? I'm assuming it's snipe all the way... ;)

JAL3
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Strange.....the link I posted above takes me to the home page listing all the links...... :confused:

The link you posted does take me to the auction. Typing out the words does not.

JAL3
11-20-2008, 10:51 PM

I'm afraid that I don't know "snipe" but surmise from the context that it has something to do with me not getting the rockets?

barone
11-20-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm afraid that I don't know "snipe" but surmise from the context that it has something to do with me not getting the rockets?
LOL.....When someone has sniped an auction, they've waited till the last few seconds of the auction and placed a bid, usually very high in order to beat out any proxy bids. No one has a chance to place another bid because the time has run out. The term comes from the military where a sniper (usually a rifle marksman) lays in wait (unseen and unsuspected) to shoot.

JAL3
11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
LOL.....When someone has sniped an auction, they've waited till the last few seconds of the auction and placed a bid, usually very high in order to beat out any proxy bids. No one has a chance to place another bid because the time has run out. The term comes from the military where a sniper (usually a rifle marksman) lays in wait (unseen and unsuspected) to shoot.

I suspected that it was something like that.

My solution is to lay in a pattern of 155mm fire but I'm not quite sure how to do that in this context. I'll have to dig into my secondary training. If only I could remember where I put my copy of the exorcism rite...

Peartree
11-21-2008, 06:09 AM
I'll have to dig into my secondary training. If only I could remember where I put my copy of the exorcism rite...

Oooh oooh oooh oooh!!! I know that one.

Oh, wait, Protestants don't have one... :D

Ltvscout
11-21-2008, 08:08 AM
John (JAL3) made an interesting point in his earlier post. Is it possible to have a link installed in the header of the forum, maybe under the Quick Links drop down, to the auction home page? I know after I've surfed thru some of these threads, I have to go back to my favorites to get back to the home page to make it to the auction page.....(maybe I should put a link to the auction page in my favorites.... :rolleyes: )
It can be done, but it would take me awhile to do it. It's been quite awhile since I played with the internal guts of vBulletin. I'd have to re-learn some things.

Ltvscout
11-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Speaking of snipes.....does this work like Ebay where you can get sniped or is there the snipe protection like what used to be on Rocketry On-line? I'm assuming it's snipe all the way... ;)
Heh, I honestly don't recall. It's been so long since I last used the auction software. I guess we'll find out. ;)

JAL3
11-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Oooh oooh oooh oooh!!! I know that one.

Oh, wait, Protestants don't have one... :D

UMH 34, sec 4

Peartree
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM
UMH 34, sec 4

I suppose, but in my book simply renouncing evil in a church ritual doesn't really rise to the level of exorcism.

JAL3
11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I suppose, but in my book simply renouncing evil in a church ritual doesn't really rise to the level of exorcism.

The actual Roman rite is titled "De Exorcismis Et Supplicationibus Quibusdam". When you get to the meat of it, "Abrenuntiates Satanae ..., etc" it is an exact translation. Sacramental theologians refer to those vows on UMH 34 as "the minor exorcisms".

That was my academic field. Besides, I like freaking out the godparents during interviews when I start talking about the exorcisms...I'm warped.

Mark II
11-22-2008, 12:58 AM
So if I snipe this Intrepid at this auction, can I use the excuse that the devil made me do it?

Mark 1010011010.

JAL3
11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
So if I snipe this Intrepid at this auction, can I use the excuse that the devil made me do it?

Mark 1010011010.

You could use that excuse but I must warn you of the sever consequences to...

...you know the rest. :eek:

Mark II
11-22-2008, 05:38 AM
You could use that excuse but I must warn you of the sever consequences to...
...underbidding? Yes, now that truly would be a sin. :eek:

...you know the rest. :eek:
Buyer's remorse...for all of eternity?

Ah, but the temptation is so great... And the Seller - he has such a smooth pitch... and has such big, gleaming white teeth... To snipe this auction, I am told, all I need to do is go out and meet the Seller at a certain crossroad... at midnight, under a full moon...

Oh, I don't know what to do... If only there was some sort of guide, a book... a really good book, that would show me the way...

Oh, but you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about.... :rolleyes:

Mark \\.

JAL3
11-22-2008, 08:42 AM
...underbidding? Yes, now that truly would be a sin. :eek:

Buyer's remorse...for all of eternity?

Ah, but the temptation is so great... And the Seller - he has such a smooth pitch... and has such big, gleaming white teeth... To snipe this auction, I am told, all I need to do is go out and meet the Seller at a certain crossroad... at midnight, under a full moon...

Oh, I don't know what to do... If only there was some sort of guide, a book... a really good book, that would show me the way...

Oh, but you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about.... :rolleyes:

Mark \\.

The book you're looking for is The Beginner's Guide to Stamp Collecting by Chester Condrington III. It's kind of hard to find these days so you need to be very dilligent and spend lots of time in flea markets and such instead of wasting time with computers. Be sure and get the 3rd edition. That's the one with the mauve cover.

What are you waiting for? Go on...

Mark II
11-22-2008, 10:32 AM
The book you're looking for is The Beginner's Guide to Stamp Collecting by Chester Condrington III. It's kind of hard to find these days so you need to be very dilligent and spend lots of time in flea markets and such instead of wasting time with computers. Be sure and get the 3rd edition. That's the one with the mauve cover.

What are you waiting for? Go on...
Well, OK, so I... Hey, wait a second! You're trying to steer me away from the auction, aren't you? You don't want me to outbid you! Why, you Old Trickster, you - I have heard that you take many forms, but I caught you this time! I should have realized that I would run into you here, lurking among the money changers in this section of YORF. Now get, before I go medieval on you! I could tell you where to go, Old Scratch, but that would be redundant! :p

:chuckle: :p :chuckle: :p :chuckle:

Mark \\.

JAL3
11-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, OK, so I... Hey, wait a second! You're trying to steer me away from the auction, aren't you? You don't want me to outbid you! Why, you Old Trickster, you - I have heard that you take many forms, but I caught you this time! I should have realized that I would run into you here, lurking among the money changers in this section of YORF. Now get, before I go medieval on you! I could tell you where to go, Old Scratch, but that would be redundant! :p

:chuckle: :p :chuckle: :p :chuckle:

Mark \\.

Drats! Foiled again.

Ltvscout
11-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Scott,

John (JAL3) made an interesting point in his earlier post. Is it possible to have a link installed in the header of the forum, maybe under the Quick Links drop down, to the auction home page?
Ask and ye shall receive. Look above in the menu bar. :D

JAL3
11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. Look above in the menu bar. :D

Thanks from me as well...the link doesn't work for Mark II does it?