PDA

View Full Version : More Junk!

Rustee
12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Some old stuff I bought today-Built Hercules #1377 two-stage rocket,to be re-built(Amateurs!)-Complete fin guide set #2231 including instructions-Ancient BT-50 balsa payload section with instructions-Red Estes launch pad,complete-Two small plastic nose cones,one with canopy-Longshot kit minus the body tubes-Full bag of wadding-2 A8-5's,2 B4-6's,1 A8-3-Started Estes SR-71,complete-Range Box. I stripped the SR-71 of its wrinkly wraps and I'm thinking of using model airplane covering instead,or .010 polystryrene. The Hercules was also stripped down,just needs a body tube as does the Longshot. Worth it just for the fin guide! Can anyone fill me in on that launch pad? I don't recall red but I don't recall a lot of things...

jdud
12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Can anyone fill me in on that launch pad? I don't recall red but I don't recall a lot of things...

That looks exactly like the one I had in my original rocketry days (mid to late '80s). Mine is probably still in my parents' attic.

You're right, that fin guide is a good find. Did you find the lot at a yard sale or a thrift store? I always do the 55mph look when driving by a yard sale, but never see any rocketry items.

Rustee
12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I typed "rocket" into CL. The fin guide was a great find as I have some building coming up-Master's Series Space Shuttle,Silver Comet,Menace plus my rebuilds-I'm snowed in for a while!

mike_bar
12-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I typed "rocket" into CL. [Snip]

That is a great idea. Thanks...

Mike