PDA

View Full Version : Opinions requested...

Vanel
09-18-2005, 04:13 PM
My Centuri Stiletto clone is nearing completion... It resembles the 74 catalog, save I swapped the colors on the booster and the sustainer. Can't imagine seeing a blue upper stage at the altitudes this puppy reaches. :eek: A pic of the bird is below.

Should I decal the rocket or leave it the way it is now, which is similar to the catalog? I have a very nice set of decals which I purchased from Phred - sheet has the kit name, the Centuri logo, "Booster" and "Sustainer", and the Stiletto dagger roll pattern, all in white. However, I am afraid that applying these will result in a cluttered model.

I freely admit to having no artistic taste... What do you folks think?

My thanks to Carl for the parts - The only thing Centuri about this bird is the nose cone. Gave it my last PNC-76.

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
My Centuri Stiletto clone is nearing completion... It resembles the 74 catalog, save I swapped the colors on the booster and the sustainer. Can't imagine seeing a blue upper stage at the altitudes this puppy reaches. :eek: A pic of the bird is below.

Should I decal the rocket or leave it the way it is now, which is similar to the catalog? I have a very nice set of decals which I purchased from Phred - sheet has the kit name, the Centuri logo, "Booster" and "Sustainer", and the Stiletto dagger roll pattern, all in white. However, I am afraid that applying these will result in a cluttered model.

I freely admit to having no artistic taste... What do you folks think?

My thanks to Carl for the parts - The only thing Centuri about this bird is the nose cone. Gave it my last PNC-76.

Nothing against Phred's decals, but I think it looks great like it is. I think you should build a SECOND Stiletto and decal that one. :D

Eagle3
09-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Ditto what Bill said. :D

I build my original Stiletto with a blue booster, red sustainer and the stock decals. and it looks OK IMO. I'm building a 137% upscale and plan on using the scheme from the early 70's catalog.

Vanel, how did you do the white on the fins?

Vanel
09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Vanel, how did you do the white on the fins?

I cut out patterns on cardstock and traced them on white trim monokote (ultracote), which I picked up a a local hobby shop. Worked very well - much better than if I had tried masking and painting :eek:

Eagle3
09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I cut out patterns on cardstock and traced them on white trim monokote (ultracote), which I picked up a a local hobby shop. Worked very well - much better than if I had tried masking and painting :eek:

That's how I was planning on doing it. I was going to say if you masked that you did a helluva good job. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-19-2005, 04:30 PM
So, how's the review coming on this one? ;) :cool:

Vanel
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
So, how's the review coming on this one? ;) :cool:

Actually, I have already started working on it - I hope to have it ready by this Saturday, except for the flight part (I leave on a week long business trip Sunday).

Wouldn't want you to be alone in writing reviews of these Centuri kits, Bill :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Actually, I have already started working on it - I hope to have it ready by this Saturday, except for the flight part (I leave on a week long business trip Sunday).

Wouldn't want you to be alone in writing reviews of these Centuri kits, Bill :D

I think there are enough for both of us. ;)

Tau Zero
03-02-2007, 11:53 PM
My Centuri Stiletto clone is nearing completion... It resembles the 74 catalog, save I swapped the colors on the booster and the sustainer. Can't imagine seeing a blue upper stage at the altitudes this puppy reaches. [SNIP]

My thanks to Carl for the parts - The only thing Centuri about this bird is the nose cone. Gave it my last PNC-76.Hey, apparently my brain is burned out from having to Think Too Much (TM) this week. :eek: :o

Is there a parts list for this online somewhere? I mean, just eyeballing it makes me think that the body tube for the sustainer is a 12" long ST-7.

Can anybody confirm or deny? Chime in here.

BTW, *sweet* paint job, Bill. This particular paint scheme keeps coming back to me as Really Incredibly Cool. (Especially painting the sustainer red. ;) :D )

Thanks, and cheers,

Tau Zero
03-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah, yeah, I hear voices, too. :eek: --*Some* of them through the atmosphere. :rolleyes:

Is there a parts list for this online somewhere? I mean, just eyeballing it makes me think that the body tube for the sustainer is a 12" long ST-7.

Can anybody confirm or deny? Chime in here.Here's what I found over in the "Plans" area:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=218&highlight=Semroc+Stiletto

I think I found this listed under "Projects."

Buzz Nau's 137% (ST-10) Centuri Stiletto upscale:
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=12337&postcount=29

Buzz says, "Carl sells the laser cut fins."
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=12347&postcount=33

Like I *need* more shiny things to distract me.

--*Whoa!* Did you *see* that?!?! :cool:

Cheers,