PDA

View Full Version : We got the wrong BT-20 Tubes! You get them CHEEEEEP!

JonRocket
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Hello All,

We recently got a batch of BT-20 body tubes that weren't the correct specs that we ordered. To make a long story short, we're stuck with them, so I'm in unload them mode.

These are 18" body tubes, exactly the same specs as Estes, Semroc etc.. The only difference is that they are made of what may be fish paper with no glassine coating. BT-20 nose cones fit, motor mounts fit, motor mounts fit. The only difference is that the grooves are ever so slightly larger they weigh just a little bit more and the material is just a little bit tougher. Still good tubes. Heck, I've been using them to tinker around with and they are fine.

We have over 500 of them, and we're letting them go for .50/ea until they're gone. 6.00 for shipping. Buy one, 6.00 shipping. Buy 347, 6.00 shipping.

If you want some, no need to email, PM etc... just send a paypal with the subject TUBE PAYMENT to sales@jonrocket.com If you want to pay with other means simply email me at the same address or call 812-606-4262.

Again, nice tubes. Just a little different than what we ordered. Also, they're a pretty blue.

Thanks,

John (not Jon) Arthur
www.JonRocket.com

JonRocket
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Fred,

These tubes are not the same as the ones you are referring to. They are actually a bit stronger than a normal bt-20 and do not dent easily. We ordered a different material tube and the company sent the wrong ones. Again, these are not the same as the Estes motor mount tubes.

Thanks,

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

tbzep
01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
It sounds like these are made of the same stuff that Centuri and Semroc use for tube couplers. If so, they will make a good tough body tube.

Royatl
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
They are definitely tough.

a regular BT-20 weighs ~8 grams, while these tubes weigh ~12 grams.

The spiral is deep, but should actually be easier to fill than the shallow glassine spiral of the regular tube.

I would certainly recommend them as motor mount tubes, and stuffers. They would be particularly good on something that was regularly going to fly on 18mm Aerotech motors!

I'm not as gung-ho on them as airframe tubes, as I subscribe to the crumple zone school of rocket safety, but they should be great for secondary tubes, and internal tubes as described above.

How many have you got left, if any, John?

And maybe you should "accidentally" order some BT-50 like this, for stuffer tube upgrades!

and, yep, they are "fishpaper" tubes.

JonRocket
01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
We still have about 300 of them. Get 'em while you can.

Here's another deal: Order 80 or more, I'll pay the shipping.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com