PDA

View Full Version : Fin Kwik

Rocket Doctor
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Has anyone heard anymore information on the return of the Fin Kwik fin alignment guide?
In another posting, the web site of finkwik.com was listed, with no further information coming forward?????????

Rocketflyer
01-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Has anyone heard anymore information on the return of the Fin Kwik fin alignment guide?
In another posting, the web site of finkwik.com was listed, with no further information coming forward?????????

Nada, Zip, Zilch. POOF. And that's after emailing them several times No answer. :(

tbzep
01-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Nada, Zip, Zilch. POOF. And that's after emailing them several times No answer. :(

They probably got a quote from a metal stamping company on the cost of making dies for it and had a heart attack.

lmerdan
01-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Don't worry. Less than a month from now a better version is going to be released by my company Standard Rockets Corporation. I have not released details because of some paperwork I need to file and all of the component sourcing is not finished. Once those are finished I'll bring up the website and place it on sale.

Ltvscout
01-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Is yours going to be made of metal?

lmerdan
01-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Is yours going to be made of metal?

It will be made of 100% American cold rolled steel.

Rocket Doctor
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
It will be made of 100% American cold rolled steel.

What is the suggested retail on this one? What size body tubes will it accept?" Will you be selling these through mail order or through retailers or a combination of both?

lmerdan
01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
It will accept up to a BT 80 but it's very flexible. After the introduction of the first model, if there is demand, I may roll out a larger model.

Price is not set, I'm fairly certain it will be below $100 with shipping.

I have not approached resellers yet or put much thought into that as I've been working on the design and sourcing for 4 months in a stealth mode. The plan is to sell directly as I have resources to handle direct sales. Once I get closer to release date I'll evaluate quantity purchases for the retailers out there along with some kind of retail packaging.

j.a.duke
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't worry. Less than a month from now a better version is going to be released by my company Standard Rockets Corporation. I have not released details because of some paperwork I need to file and all of the component sourcing is not finished. Once those are finished I'll bring up the website and place it on sale.

We're approaching the month mark-any news?

I've got a couple of dollars that I'd like put toward this.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

lmerdan
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I just got some updated drawings last night and will get them over to the metal shop tonight after I validate the change. I need to get a couple more brackets made. I'll have it ready for NARCON for sure.

j.a.duke
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I just got some updated drawings last night and will get them over to the metal shop tonight after I validate the change. I need to get a couple more brackets made. I'll have it ready for NARCON for sure.

Are you planning to be at NARCON?

If that's the case, I'll make it a point to attend. There are lots of reasons to go, but just a couple of really good ones will get me there!

Cheers,
Jon

lmerdan
02-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I will be attending NARCON 2009. I just booked the flights on Southwest and will officially register tonight after I get a few more things done round the house.

http://www.standardrockets.com - yeah I know not much there... Look for info Friday night after the vendor forum at NARCON.

Right now it looks from testing, the Standard Rocket Assembly Tool will handle up to a 4 inch tube so you could use it for the majority low power rocket kits out there.