PDA

View Full Version : New Design -- Penetrator Mk II

CPMcGraw
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Another new plan...from 2007...

I've located a number of plans that were on my computer but not posted to the BARCLONE threads for various reasons. These plans did, however, get listed in our official design count, so I needed to bring them up-to-date and get them out here for everyone to view.

This model did need revising, as RockSim pointed out. It has high Dv numbers as the power goes up, but it's still within limits if you use the Quest C6-5 instead of the Estes.

Length: 18.70"
Diameter: 0.908" (ST-8)
Fin Span: 6.06"
Weight: 1.76 oz

Launch rod: 36" x 1/8"

A8-3.......154'......Dv 13 FPS
B4-4.......414'......Dv 6 FPS
B6-4.......425'......Dv 10 FPS
C6-5Q......984'......Dv 23 FPS

Enjoy!

rstaff3
02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Very nice design Craig....one of the better ones out of a sea of great ones. MHO only of course.

PS- I like the new forum areas.

CPMcGraw
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Very nice design Craig....one of the better ones out of a sea of great ones. MHO only of course.

PS- I like the new forum areas.

Thanks, Dick. I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.

I've got a few more rabbits in the old hat to pull out soon, they just need "cleaning up". :D

rkt2k1
02-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks, Dick. I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.

I've got a few more rabbits in the old hat to pull out soon, they just need "cleaning up". :D

I'm not sure I've made "regular" status yet, but I think the new Barclone forum sections look great and I like the idea of single design threads!

You can tell a lot of hard work and effort went into the new additions.

Thanks!

... Bill

Tau Zero
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion. I'm in favor of the latter, as it focuses some of the discussion toward that model.Initially, the individual design threads are a bit overwhelming by their sheer volume. *However,* given our collective difficulty at trying to track down older designs that have proven uncommonly hard to find... I think I'm leaning the same direction as you are, Craig. (And for our viewers out there, that has nothing to do with the YORF political thread. :eek: :rolleyes: :chuckle: )

I've got a few more rabbits in the old hat to pull out soon, they just need "cleaning up". :D(Announcer's voice) "Craig McGraw, making it a point to occasionally shift Jay Goemmer's paradigm, ever since... (distracted fumbling around) ...whenever it was they first hooked up." :rolleyes: :chuckle:

Cheers,

snaquin
02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping my regulars will chime in as well, as I'm looking for an opinion about continuing with the traditional "long threads", or with the idea of breaking up the design posts into separate threads for individual discussion.

I think the new indexing system is great. I like the new BARCLONE forum section as well. With the new system, long threads aren't really needed any more now that all designs will be only a click away in the master list. Since you're the guy maintaining it I say whatever is the easiest way for you to handle it go forward with that.

I personally have searched YORF in other topics to try to find old designs that I never thought of submitting to BARCLONE that I have produced & attached RockSim files for. Some have been flight proven but it always proves to be a challenge when I try to locate them because if I search the names and have mentioned it in multiple threads it can still prove to be a long search, especially in the longer threads. I intend to gather up some of those older designs and place them here to be properly cataloged and indexed for all to enjoy .....

:)