PDA

View Full Version : New Design -- 0.44X Centuri Littler Hustler

Tau Zero
02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Here are a couple of ST-10 based downscales from Sept. 2006.

The first one is a 0.44X version of the Centuri (Semroc) Hustler, with the Little Hustler color scheme. (Talk about the "best of both worlds." ;) ) Please notice the 1/4" long RR-7 which secures the engine hook.

I'm very impressed with the simulation results, but not entirely surprised, since this was one of Lee Piester's early designs (IIRC). Sometimes cool looking rockets fly great, too! :eek: :rolleyes: :chuckle:

CPMcGraw
02-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Here are a couple of ST-10 based downscales from Sept. 2006.

The first one is a 0.44X version of the Centuri (Semroc) Hustler, with the Little Hustler color scheme. (Talk about the "best of both worlds." ;) ) Please notice the 1/4" long RR-7 which secures the engine hook.

I'm very impressed with the simulation results, but not entirely surprised, since this was one of Lee Piester's early designs (IIRC). Sometimes cool looking rockets fly great, too! :eek: :rolleyes: :chuckle:

You couldn't squeeze any more out of those Dv's, could you? :eek: :D

That's an incredible run with three different power levels, all below 3 FPS, and two below 1 FPS! Great work, Jay. These should be popular.

Carl, if you're reading, this one might make a good kit! :)

Tau Zero
02-15-2009, 07:51 PM
You couldn't squeeze any more out of those Dv's, could you? :eek: :DNot without employing alien technology that I'm not permitted to share with you yet, human! :mad: ;) :D

P.S. Are you done building that Interociter yet? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

CPMcGraw
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
...Are you done building that Interociter yet? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

The plasma conduit feeding the antimatter injector has a crossed thread... :(

It's waiting for spares from the factory. I was told they were shipped via DHL...