PDA

View Full Version : Roachwerks Little Joe II Kit!

sandman
10-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I have one of the last of my kits going on the block on Ebay.

Auction ends Sunday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F6003392776_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1&item=6003392776&rd=1

Hope that link works.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I have no connection with Sandman other than RSO'ing for his creations all week at NARAM 47. That said, this is an INCREDIBLY COOL Little Joe kit. Chan Stevens, a fellow QUARKer, built one and flew it in the scale competition at NARAM 47, and I believe he did pretty well. I'm pretty sure there's a picture of it posted back in my NARAM photos. It's a pricey kit, but I don't see anyone being disappointed if they win this kit. :cool:

barone
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I met Sandman at NARAM 47 (didn't know it at the time). He had some great rockets with him. I didn't get to see the Little Joe (guess I was too busy trying to get my competition rockets together.....but that's a different story). But I did buy one of his Soyuz kits. Believe me, these kits are really detailed. Gordon puts a lot of work into these kits and you are definately getting your monies worth :) . What am I doing? I'm planning on bidding on the Little Joe :eek: !

Don
NAR 53455

sandman
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Chan Stevens came in SECOND in Giant Scale at NARAM 47 with this kit!

Not too shabby for his second try at NARAM competition!

There is a link to his build and EMRR review of the kit on the auction page.

BTW I will be auctioning the last Soyuz kit in about a month as well as the one and only Vostok version of the kit i am making.

Royatl
10-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I met Sandman at NARAM 47 (didn't know it at the time). He had some great rockets with him. I didn't get to see the Little Joe (guess I was too busy trying to get my competition rockets together.....but that's a different story). But I did buy one of his Soyuz kits. Believe me, these kits are really detailed. Gordon puts a lot of work into these kits and you are definately getting your monies worth :) . What am I doing? I'm planning on bidding on the Little Joe :eek: !

Don
NAR 53455

Like you, I didn't know that was Sandman. I saw the Soyuz he was flying, but since I didn't know he was Sandman, I didn't know he had kits available (or did he have them available at NARAM?) or I would've bought one. And I was in a buying mood at NARAM. Now I'm less in a buying mood.

sandman
10-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Less than one day to go!

Bid high and bid often! :D

I was wearing my TRF T-shirt but in the heat at NARAM it was only good for one day...maybe 1/2 a day. :rolleyes: IT WAS HOT!!!

I have only one Soyuz kit left and it too will go on Ebay soon.

The one pic of the Little Joe II on a cluster is Chan Stevens NARAM launch. That thingy behind his model is the "pop-lug" coming off like it's supposed to.

All the rest are my models. The one liftoff shot of my LJ II that looks short??? I don't know what happened there...that's a screen capture from a video...makes the model look short. :confused: Don't it?

barone
10-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Bid high and bid often! :D

Congradulations Gordon! You fetched a pretty good price. Guess with that you can kit a couple more :D

Don
NAR 53455

SEL
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Congradulations Gordon! You fetched a pretty good price. Guess with that you can kit a couple more :D

Don
NAR 53455

If you do, PLEASE let me know!!! (I foolishly thought I was going to snipe it for $250.00 :o :o )

Sean

sandman
10-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks, Don.

The problem is I'm out of centering rings, out of plastic and castings for the fin fairings and my mold is pretty shot.

I have enough parts to kit two more.

The rest of the parts are for people building than need "replacement" parts.

This was a "limited" run and the last two will make 30 kits total I've produced.

SEL, you must have posted the same time I did...I didn't see that! :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'll post it here.

SEL
10-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Don.

The problem is I'm out of centering rings, out of plastic and castings for the fin fairings and my mold is pretty shot.

I have enough parts to kit two more.

The rest of the parts are for people building than need "replacement" parts.

This was a "limited" run and the last two will make 30 kits total I've produced.

SEL, you must have posted the same time I did...I didn't see that! :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'll post it here.

Thanks, Gordon.

Guess I'll have to get out my Kosrox LJII kit and build that. Not as detailed as yours, but not too shabby, either :) .

Sean

sandman
11-20-2005, 03:49 PM
You guys will get another chance at it this week!!!

I listed a Little Joe II kit (my second to last kit! :( ) and my LAST Soyuz kit on Ebay starting tonight about 8:00 P.M. and running until next Sunday at 8:00 P.M.

Yer gonna have to buy it for yourself 'cause ya know Santa won't!