PDA

View Full Version : Matt Steele had a company after North Coast

lurker01
03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Group,

On the same article in the COSROCS' newsletter, on page 5 column 2, directly across from the Mike Dorfler working for Tim Van Milligan at Apogee, it mentions Matt Steele and his new rocket company:

http://www.cosrocs.org/newsletters/cossep00.pdf

"Former COSROCS member Matt Steele has a new rocket
company named Phoenix Rocketry. The first three kits released by
Phoenix Rocketry are the Mighty Kat, a 7-engine cluster rocket; the
BH-2000, a 2.7” diameter rocket with two 1.8” strap-ons; and a 2.7”
diameter Army Corporal. Phoenix Rocketry plans to release two more
kits by Christmas. All Phoenix Rocketry kits will be available
exclusively from Discount Rocketry."

Wow the things you learn when you set out to find information on one thing and it leads to all kinds of other things!

Bob

P.s. Would it be in BAD TASTE to inquire further about those, 'Strap-Ons'? :rolleyes:

Der Red Max
03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
...Matt Steele has a new rocket
company named Phoenix Rocketry. / All Phoenix Rocketry kits will be available exclusively from Discount Rocketry."

Back in 2000, Matt initially had made arrangements with Jim Stuckman (through his auction/store site) to release the kits, Jim was even accepting Pre-Orders. Not sure of the time frame so I don't remember if Jim's illness and eventual passing had anything to do with the new arrangement with Discount Rocketry. I know there was some initial delays in releasing the kits, so perhaps this was the reason.
Maybe the ManOfSteele will enlighten.
DRM

Royatl
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Group,

Wow the things you learn when you set out to find information on one thing and it leads to all kinds of other things!

Bob

P.s. Would it be in BAD TASTE to inquire further about those, 'Strap-Ons'? :rolleyes:

I figured you would've already known that stuff about Phoenix Rocketry.

The BH-2000 was the old NCR BrightHawk (hence the BH). I really do need to build the one I got from Matt back at NARAM-32.

lurker01
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Back in 2000, Matt initially had made arrangements with Jim Stuckman (through his auction/store site) to release the kits, Jim was even accepting Pre-Orders. Not sure of the time frame so I don't remember if Jim's illness and eventual passing had anything to do with the new arrangement with Discount Rocketry. I know there was some initial delays in releasing the kits, so perhaps this was the reason.
Maybe the ManOfSteele will enlighten.
DRM

Thanks DRM,

Matt knows a lot but he feigns ignorance on so much :(

Bob

Shreadvector
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.discountrocketry.com/

https://www.discountrocketry.com/phoenix-rocketry-m-18.html

Out of stock....

lurker01
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I figured you would've already known that stuff about Phoenix Rocketry.

The BH-2000 was the old NCR BrightHawk (hence the BH). I really do need to build the one I got from Matt back at NARAM-32.

I never did much in the way of NCR, was an Aerotech devote.

I have a few of the old NCR Kits, like their R/C Shuttle, Bomarc, Patriot, Maxi X-Wing, Corporal, and their first kit; still in its original shipping box/storage container.

The history I am VERY interested in. Kits I have... facts behind the kits is what I am lacking :(

Bob

Der Red Max
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
The BH-2000 was the old NCR BrightHawk (hence the BH).
Right, and the Mighty Kat was the old NCR Katana (hence the KAT), and the Army Corporal was the old NCR Army Corporal (hence the Army Corporal):D.
I think anyway.:o

Green Dragon
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Old thread revisited.

Does anyone have the plans for the Brighthawk ?

I have one old NCR 1.8" foam cone - want to pull a mold, cast a couple replacements, and clone the Brighthawk - I even have some vintage 2.6" NCR (pre-Estes) Bt's I got from Chris ages back .

I know Matt has rights to these, so.. Matt ... you ever going to rerelease the kit ? or sell plans ?
or does anyone have a set they can offer privately ? ;)

~ AL

vintage HPR historina / enthusiast.

Royatl
01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Old thread revisited.

Does anyone have the plans for the Brighthawk ?

I have one old NCR 1.8" foam cone - want to pull a mold, cast a couple replacements, and clone the Brighthawk - I even have some vintage 2.6" NCR (pre-Estes) Bt's I got from Chris ages back .

I know Matt has rights to these, so.. Matt ... you ever going to rerelease the kit ? or sell plans ?
or does anyone have a set they can offer privately ? ;)

~ AL

vintage HPR historina / enthusiast.

I still have a Brighthawk kit that Matt gave me at NARAM 32. It's about half built, and spread throughout my rocket closet. The Fiber fins (essentially really thick fishpaper) are warped three ways to Sunday.

Shreadvector
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I still have a Brighthawk kit that Matt gave me at NARAM 32. It's about half built, and spread throughout my rocket closet. The Fiber fins (essentially really thick fishpaper) are warped three ways to Sunday.

Are the fins Masonite?