PDA

View Full Version : EVR presents the A-10 GoonyHog

EchoVictor
10-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Since so many folks have requested it, I figured I'd just post some shots here. There is a larger PowerPoint file that contains all of these plans as well as other views. Let me know if you want it.

Later,
EV

EchoVictor
10-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Here are some build shots I found lurking in the hard drive....

Later,
EV

JRThro
10-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Since so many folks have requested it, I figured I'd just post some shots here. There is a larger PowerPoint file that contains all of these plans as well as other views. Let me know if you want it.

Later,
EVThanks, EV.

Tweener
10-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I was wondering what to do with that spare Baby Bertha... :rolleyes:

What motors are recommended for flight?

EchoVictor
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
I've flown her with A8-3's and B6-4's with nice results.

On the lower power, she has a bit of tail wiggle combined with some roll, and then always seems to wind up with her nose pointed at the ground before ejection. I think she's probably channeling the tendencies of her namesake and looking for model tanks. ;)

The launch shot is from my first try with C-power and Wow! What a difference. I got the same "wiggle and roll" halfway up and then, Bam! She straightened out and just took off. It almost acted like a two-stager the flight paths were so different. I wonder if it has something to do with drag changing once a certain speed is reached.

One thing I forgot to metion, it does need a bit of nose weight. I used the full amount of clay that I pulled out of a spare Renegade kit. I have no idea what the actual weight of that square is, however.

A final note; The body tube is not the standard Baby Bertha length of 7.75". Thanks to the help of Craig McGraw's RockSim work, he recommended the as-built 9.0" length to increase stability.

Later,
EV

CPMcGraw
10-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I've flown her with A8-3's and B6-4's with nice results...

A final note; The body tube is not the standard Baby Bertha length of 7.75". Thanks to the help of Craig McGraw's RockSim work, he recommended the as-built 9.0" length to increase stability.

Later,
EV

EV, what kind of altitude do you see on that A8-3? And what do you have as a finished weight, without the motor?

I want to compare the simmed results with actual performance...

Tweener
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM

That's ok, I still have an 18" section from a Mean Machine to Thunder Roc bash that can be cut in half. Another BB and I could make 2! :D