PDA

View Full Version : Semroc "Planned" & "Coming Soon!" Kits

Ltvscout
03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I took a gander through their webstore today and see a number of "Planned" and "Coming Soon!" kits listed. Maybe I'm just dense and forgot these were mentioned already. If they were already mentioned, I'm sure Carl doesn't mind the extra advertising. ;) If they haven't, here's the list:

Apollo Capsule 1/100th Scale
Black Widow
Competitor
Excalibur
Feather
Hydra One
Lil' Centauri
MMI Arcon
Orion
Saturn V 1/100th Scale
Spartan
Starship Vega
Stryker
Swift-BG
T-Bird
ThunderBird
ThunderChief
ThunderHawk
ThunderRoc
ThunderStorm
ThunderStrike
Twister
Vector-V
Visitor
XK-23

The Semroc family has been quite busy lately it would appear!

I wonder if any of these will be ready by NARCON or NSL?

foose4string
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Believe it or not it was you who mentioned it the last time. A rather lengthy thread unsued.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=4244

....but it's ok, Scott. Talking about Semroc goodies never gets old. ;)

Ltvscout
03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Believe it or not it was you who mentioned it the last time. A rather lengthy thread unsued.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=4244

....but it's ok, Scott. Talking about Semroc goodies never gets old. ;)
Heh, I think I need another drink. :D

I don't believe all those kits I just listed were showing up back in December though. I'm sure Carl will correct me if I'm wrong.

barone
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Believe it or not it was you who mentioned it the last time. A rather lengthy thread ensued (sp corrected.... :D ).
Yeah...but that was a couple of months ago. I suffer from CRS so a little extra reminder helps....lol

foose4string
03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
After reviewing that list, I am reminded of the Brighton and how it's been on back order status for quite some time. Are these going to be limited to small runs every now and again, or kitted per request, or are there simply not enough parts on hand to keep them in stock? I'm not looking to buy one ATM or anything, so no rush as far as I'm concerned. Just curious. I was going back and forth between that, the Arcas, or getting a few smaller kits with the Christmas discount back in December. By the time I used the discount the Brighton wasn't an option anymore.

Mark II
03-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah...but that was a couple of months ago. I suffer from CRS so a little extra reminder helps....lol
I check the site fairly frequently (OK, every day...:D ) and there are a couple new items on that list that weren't there in December:

Hydra One
Lil' Centauri

I have no idea what these are.

MarkII

snaquin
03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
After reviewing that list, I am reminded of the Brighton and how it's been on back order status for quite some time. Are these going to be limited to small runs every now and again, or kitted per request, or are there simply not enough parts on hand to keep them in stock? I'm not looking to buy one ATM or anything, so no rush as far as I'm concerned. Just curious. I was going back and forth between that, the Arcas, or getting a few smaller kits with the Christmas discount back in December. By the time I used the discount the Brighton wasn't an option anymore.

You can't go wrong with the ARCAS .....

:)

Mine's in primer waiting for paint. It's an incredible SLS kit. I too was wondering about the Brighton and noticed it was back ordered in late December.

Carl@Semroc
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Whoops! I forgot they show up there!

O well, here is the current status:

Apollo Capsule 1/100th Scale - working on tower...
Black Widow- which of the three versions to do?...
Competitor - no interest so far, on hold
Excalibur - all parts done, but waiting for E/C to decide on Excalibur II
Feather - need more data
Hydra One - NARCON? release 70% scale of Hydra Seven for single engine
Lil' Centauri - 1/2 scale of Centauri, does not glide very well, may be parachute only
MMI Arcon - needs work on mount
Orion - all parts done, except wraps
Saturn V 1/100th Scale - all parts except capsule and wraps
Spartan - release soon
Starship Vega - all parts done, waiting for E/C
Stryker - need final instructions
Swift-BG - all parts, need instructions
T-Bird - need B14-0 :D
ThunderBird - waiting for E/C
ThunderChief - NARCON? release, ST-8 based
ThunderHawk - waiting for E/C
ThunderRoc - waiting for E/C
ThunderStorm - late spring release ST-20 based
ThunderStrike - spring ST-13 based
Trooper - like old Akela-,1 except BSA wants too much to license name
Twister - all parts done, waiting for E/C
Vector-V - spring
Visitor - all parts done, need instructions
XK-23 - all parts done, need instructions

Ares 1-X - most parts done, need instructions
Magnum Sprint - kitted for NARCON release
Magnum Hornet - kitted for NARCON release
LAUNCH Missile - kitted for NARCON release (special)
Long Tom - waiting for E/C
Marauder - waiting for E/C

The ones listed as "waiting for E/C" are kits we have been selling as individual parts for years that E/C has recently decided to release. Since they have applied for the trademarks and we did not have enough resources to contest them, we are waiting to see if they will actually release the kits or abandon the trademarks. In the meantime, we will still sell the parts for them. There has been some confusion, since our parts match the original kits and some of the proposed E/C kits are using different parts than the original counterparts. If E/C does not make true copies, we will attempt to supply replacement parts for their new kits to make them closer to the originals.

Keep this a secret until we make the new product announcements later this week! :chuckle:

Chris_Timm
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM

I really like the design elements on this one.
Nice job!

Mark II
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Keep this a secret until we make the new product announcements later this week! :chuckle:
Mum's the word, Carl. ;)

MarkII

Shreadvector
03-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Only 2 quick comments;

1) Did you get the e-mail I sent via website contact or via this website regarding a hobby shop who was trying to contact you?

2) The Akela-1 used the nice and heavy injection molded Centuri nose cone for the ST-7 tube. It therefore was stable with C motors even with 'the worst' of the fin configurations (3 fins all close to the body tube). The current E/C versionuses BT-20 with the lighter plastic nose and it is often unstable with C motors when only 3 fins in 'the worst configuration' are used. It is fine with 4 or 5 fins and very stable if they exten outward into the airstream instead of being burined in the turbulent boundary layer next to the body tube. So, I'm hoping your version will have the necessary nose weight to make it stable *or* you will warn the builder to only use the safe fin configurations.

Whoops! I forgot they show up there!

O well, here is the current status:

Apollo Capsule 1/100th Scale - working on tower...
Black Widow- which of the three versions to do?...
Competitor - no interest so far, on hold
Excalibur - all parts done, but waiting for E/C to decide on Excalibur II
Feather - need more data
Hydra One - NARCON? release 70% scale of Hydra Seven for single engine
Lil' Centauri - 1/2 scale of Centauri, does not glide very well, may be parachute only
MMI Arcon - needs work on mount
Orion - all parts done, except wraps
Saturn V 1/100th Scale - all parts except capsule and wraps
Spartan - release soon
Starship Vega - all parts done, waiting for E/C
Stryker - need final instructions
Swift-BG - all parts, need instructions
T-Bird - need B14-0 :D
ThunderBird - waiting for E/C
ThunderChief - NARCON? release, ST-8 based
ThunderHawk - waiting for E/C
ThunderRoc - waiting for E/C
ThunderStorm - late spring release ST-20 based
ThunderStrike - spring ST-13 based
Trooper - like old Akela-,1 except BSA wants too much to license name
Twister - all parts done, waiting for E/C
Vector-V - spring
XK-23 - all parts done, need instructions

Ares 1-X - most parts done, need instructions
Magnum Sprint - kitted for NARCON release
Magnum Hornet - kitted for NARCON release
LAUNCH Missile - kitted for NARCON release (special)
Long Tom - waiting for E/C
Marauder - waiting for E/C

The ones listed as "waiting for E/C" are kits we have been selling as individual parts for years that E/C has recently decided to release. Since they have applied for the trademarks and we did not have enough resources to contest them, we are waiting to see if they will actually release the kits or abandon the trademarks. In the meantime, we will still sell the parts for them. There has been some confusion, since our parts match the original kits and some of the proposed E/C kits are using different parts than the original counterparts. If E/C does not make true copies, we will attempt to supply replacement parts for their new kits to make them closer to the originals.

CPMcGraw
03-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Stryker - need final instructions...

Is it just a matter of edits, or did I forget something important? :o

T-Bird - need B14-0 :D ...

Does this mean you now have CPT-10 in stock??? :D :eek:

Ltvscout
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
What's that about the eminent release of the Payloader II? :D

Carl@Semroc
03-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Only 2 quick comments;

1) Did you get the e-mail I sent via website contact or via this website regarding a hobby shop who was trying to contact you?

2) The Akela-1 used the nice and heavy injection molded Centuri nose cone for the ST-7 tube. It therefore was stable with C motors even with 'the worst' of the fin configurations (3 fins all close to the body tube). The current E/C versionuses BT-20 with the lighter plastic nose and it is often unstable with C motors when only 3 fins in 'the worst configuration' are used. It is fine with 4 or 5 fins and very stable if they exten outward into the airstream instead of being burined in the turbulent boundary layer next to the body tube. So, I'm hoping your version will have the necessary nose weight to make it stable *or* you will warn the builder to only use the safe fin configurations.

1) Bruce contacted them by phone today. Waiting for a call back. Thanks!

2) We will release it only as a best case model. It requires .25 oz of weight for worst case. This will not be a group build, but an historical model.

Carl@Semroc
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Is it just a matter of edits, or did I forget something important? :o Just recapturing figures and exploded view from 3d Max.
What's that about the eminent release of the Payloader II? :D

We will have it before we get the B14's. :chuckle:

conleyt
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey, look at these!

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KN-4

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KA-18

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KV-67

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KV-69