PDA

View Full Version : Enerjet Aero Dart

privateer
03-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I know Semroc has the Aero Dart kit, but are the plans available on the net for the Enerjet circa 1972 Aero Dart with three fins and "ICBM" nose cone? I understand all the parts are available from Semroc (including the nose cone I think) but I can't seem to find plans. And if anyone already has a "parts list" for Semroc that would be great!

Is the Enerjet version a larger diameter?

Thanks in advance.

snaquin
03-28-2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/ke-2.htm

privateer
03-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Unless I'm missing somthing, all I can get from that page is a TIF file for the decals (not the plans themselves).

snaquin
03-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I didn't think it was just the Mini-Max version that had the plans posted on Jim Z but looks like only the decal was posted for that version.

Other forum members have built it. Two that come to mind are ghrocketman & Initiator001 so perhaps someone can provide the parts list you require for the EnerJet version. EnerJet version was ST-20.

Bluegrass Rocket
03-28-2009, 11:58 PM
I don't have an official parts list but, the tube is the 2.04" ST-20. One 18" long and one 9.8" long. It probably used a baffle in a tube coupler. The Semroc nose cone is BC-2032. Semroc offers the Enerjet laser cut fins, just search for FCE-KE2. Add the engine mount and launch lug of your choice and you are on your way. I think the original had a 29mm type engine mount which Semroc has a #115 to #20 centering ring. Hope this helps.

Rick

Initiator001
03-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Privateer,

Here's a link to my Enerjet Aero-Dart building thread:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1870&highlight=aerodart

Rick (Bluegrass Rocket) pretty much has the parts listing correct. My upper body tube section of ST-20 tubing was cut to 9 3/4" long and used a solid balsa connector to make the upper tube a payload section as was the actual kit.

A 29mm motor mount and Semroc brand baffle were used.

I have an actual Enerjet Aero-Dart kit in the box, still, so I have good documentation.

I have the parts to build two more Aero-Darts which I hope to do at some point this year. they will be finished in two of the paint schemes featured in the instructions.

You will find several fans of Enerjet kits here on YORF and many threads on the subject. Just search for "Enerjet".

Keep us posted on you progress.

Bob

Initiator001
03-29-2009, 02:57 AM
As for the Aero-Dart plans...

I have the kit instructions and it looks like at some point I scanned them.

Let's see if I can attach them to this posting.

Bob

Ltvscout
03-29-2009, 08:03 AM
As for the Aero-Dart plans...

I have the kit instructions and it looks like at some point I scanned them.

Let's see if I can attach them to this posting.

Bob
Bob,

Would you mind sending those to me at scott at rocketshoppe dot com so I can put them up at YORP? Thanks.

privateer
03-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks all. I have seen the Aero Dart fin set on the Semroc site but didn't know the other part numbers; that should do it. And thanks for the plans for reference.

I have been a lurker here for a long time and it has been the Enerjet threads here that have got me interested. Particularly in this version of the Aero Dart, and the cluster payload rockets (for which I'll probably get an ARG kit eventually).

rocketguy101
03-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Bob,

Would you mind sending those to me at scott at rocketshoppe dot com so I can put them up at YORP? Thanks.
Scott
Bob sent me his tif scans of the AeroDart sometime ago, I cleaned up the background and put into a pdf file. I am emailing the file to you.

Ltvscout
03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Scott
Bob sent me his tif scans of the AeroDart sometime ago, I cleaned up the background and put into a pdf file. I am emailing the file to you.
Cool. Thanks, David.

Bob sent me the TIFF's as well. You saved me the step of combining them into a PDF. ;)