PDA

View Full Version : 5 Estes K Kits needed to complete my collection

Jimid123
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi, I am looking to complete my collection of Estes K kits if any one has any of these 5 kits Mint unopened and are willing to part with them let me know. Here are the five I need.

K5 Apogee Not the K5 Apogee II
K44 Birdie I would like a Pre-Damon version on this one
K54 Saros
K55 Goblin
K52P Omega With Payload

Thank You, Jimi

ghrocketman
03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
The last two (Omega-P and Goblin) should not be too hard to find...on ebay quite often.
The Saros will be more difficult.
The Birdie will be very difficult.
The original Apogee will be EXTREMELY difficult to obtain as few were made and very few exist now....I have actually never seen that one in person....I think it is the only "K" kit I have never seen.

Jimid123
03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
The last two (Omega-P and Goblin) should not be too hard to find...on ebay quite often.
The original Apogee will be EXTREMELY difficult to obtain as few were made and very few exist now....I have actually never seen that one in person....I think it is the only "K" kit I have never seen.

Hi, Thank You so much for the info. Yes I know that 3 of these are very hard to find. Many of the K kits in my collection are hard ones to find also. Here are some of what I have and type of packaging.
K1 Scout Very first packaging 1961 Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
K2 Mark Very First Packaging 1961 Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
K4 Streak 1962 Very First Packaing Mint Unopened Before Hag Tags Were Add
K23 Big Bertha 1965 Very First Packaging Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
I still have one of my 1965 Big Bertha Built, that I found at my parents house
K29 Uprated Saturn-1 Very First Box Version 1967 Mint Unopened
K19 Invader Very First and Only Packaging 1965 Mint Unopened Before Hag Tags Were Add

Thanks Again, Jimi

mglind
05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow..nice collection!
Where on earth did you find an early pre-Damon K-29 uprated Saturn 1 mint in the original box unopened?!

Jimid123
05-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow..nice collection!
Where on earth did you find an early pre-Damon K-29 uprated Saturn 1 mint in the original box unopened?!

Hi, I have been building and flying Model Rockets since the early 60s. Yes I know the Uprated Satrun 1 is very hard to find. I was a full time Rock Musician and when I traveled with the groups I found kits at many shops when I was on the road. I just need 3 more K kits and I will have all the K Astron series kits in my collection. Oh I also build and fly High-Powered Rockets. If you like any Photos of some of my kits send me your email address and I will be happy to send them to you. I also have a collection of Centuri Kits and many other rocketry items. Thanks and You Take Care, Jimi :)

barone
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
(snip)....... If you like any Photos of some of my kits send me your email address and I will be happy to send them to you. (snip)........)
Oh....you're a cruel man....... :D

Jimid123
05-05-2009, 11:22 PM
:) Oh....you're a cruel man....... :D

I guess I can be at times....

Gus
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Jim,

Would you mind posting some photos here?

I'd love to see pics of the six kits you mentioned in your post.

Steve

Jimid123
05-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Jim,

Steve

Hi Steve, Sure, I will look for them in my storage cases and post some photos. I will also post some others like the very first packaging of the Estes K-50 Astron Intercepter kit Some of Centuri very early packaging kits and some of the Centuri Large F Motor Rocket kits from the early 1960s. Thanks and Take Care, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE=Gus]Jim,

Steve[/QUOTEHi S

Hi Steve, Here are some Photos. I will get more tomorrow. Photos are Estes K-29 Uprated Saturn 1, Centuri First Packaing of there kit #KC-20 Payloader II Early 1960s A few of my built kits Estes kit #K-2 Astron Mark Early 1960s and a Centuri 1960s Mini Max Scorpion E and F motor kit. Thanks Again, Jimi

Ltvscout
05-06-2009, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=Gus] Centuri First Packaing of there kit #KC-20 Payloader II Early 1960s
Very cool. That was my first kit in '69. Still diligently waiting for Carl to get some CPT-10 tubing so he can make those as xKits. ;)

mglind
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Great pictures...I wish I would have been a teenager back in the 60's. I would love to have bought, built , flew and collected those old kits like that back when they were first released and model rocketry was a relativley new hobby...Thanks for posting!

I have attached a picture of my Estes Maxi-Brute collection. Over the years, I have built and flown all 5 of these great kits...they always perform great!

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Great pictures...I wish I would have been a teenager back in the 60's. I would love to have bought, built , flew and collected those old kits like that back when they were first released and model rocketry was a relativley new hobby...Thanks for posting!

I have attached a picture of my Estes Maxi-Brute collection. Over the years, I have built and flown all 5 of these great kits...they always perform great!

You have some nice looking rockets there. I will be posting more photos soon if you like to check them out. Thanks and Take Care, Jimi

Ltvscout
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I will be posting more photos soon if you like to check them out. Thanks and Take Care, Jimi
But of course! We loving seeing pics of old kits and rockets.

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
But of course! We loving seeing pics of old kits and rockets.

Hi Scott, Here are some photos.
Centuri Aerobat Very First Packaging
Estes Astron Sprint
Estes Astron Space Man
Estes Astron Falcon
Astron Drifter
Some Containers Of Vintage Kits

More Photos Comming

Enjoy, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Scott, Here are some photos.
Centuri Aerobat Very First Packaging
Estes Astron Sprint
Estes Astron Space Man
Estes Astron Falcon
Astron Drifter
Some Containers Of Vintage Kits

More Photos Comming

Enjoy, Jimi

Here are more kits

Estes Astron Big Bertha Very First Packaging
Mars Lander Very First Packaing before they boxed them
Arcas Very First Packaging
Honest John Very First Packaging
Astron Invader Very First Packaging and Only Packaging

More comming

Enjoy, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Here are more kits

Estes Astron Big Bertha Very First Packaging
Mars Lander Very First Packaing before they boxed them
Arcas Very First Packaging
Honest John Very First Packaging
Astron Invader Very First Packaging and Only Packaging

More comming

Enjoy, Jimi

Here are more

Centuri Centur Very First Packaging
Astron Apogee II "" ""
Centuri Marauder Very First Packaging
Centuri IRIS Very First Packaging
Container Of Vintage Rocket Kits

More !!!

Enjoy, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Here are more

Centuri Centur Very First Packaging
Astron Apogee II "" ""
Centuri Marauder Very First Packaging
Centuri IRIS Very First Packaging
Container Of Vintage Rocket Kits

More !!!

Enjoy, Jimi

Here are more to enjoy

Estes Astron Scrambler
Estes Apollo Capsule
Estes Gemini Titan Very First Packaging
Estes SPEV
Estes Little Joe II
Container Of Vintage Kits

Thanks Again, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Jim,

Steve

Hi Steve, I have added many Photos of Vintage Kits.

Thanks Again and Take Care, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Here are more to enjoy

Estes Astron Scrambler
Estes Apollo Capsule
Estes Gemini Titan Very First Packaging
Estes SPEV
Estes Little Joe II
Container Of Vintage Kits

Thanks Again, Jimi

Here are a few more...

Estes Astron Avenger
Centuri Honest John First Packaging
Estes Astron Streak
Estes Interceptor Old Style Packaging
Estes Astron Constellation

Enjoy Guys and Gals, Jimi

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Here are a few more...

Estes Astron Avenger
Centuri Honest John First Packaging
Estes Astron Streak
Estes Interceptor Old Style Packaging
Estes Astron Constellation

Enjoy Guys and Gals, Jimi

A few more Enjoy, Jimi

Estes Astron XRay
Estes Astron Scout
Centuri Defender First Packaging
Centuri Mini Max Large Rocketry Kit Hustler

Ltvscout
05-06-2009, 10:38 PM
That's some great stuff, Jimi!

You found this stuff in hobby shops while on the road as a musician?

I've never seen a lot of those old package Centuri kits you have.

Jimid123
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
That's some great stuff, Jimi!

You found this stuff in hobby shops while on the road as a musician?

I've never seen a lot of those old package Centuri kits you have.

Thank You Scott, Yes some I found on the road as a Rock Musician, some I got from rocket friends and Ebay and some I had when I got into rocketry in the early 60s, Jimi

Rocketflyer
05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Thank You Scott, Yes some I found on the road as a Rock Musician, some I got from rocket friends and Ebay and some I had when I got into rocketry in the early 60s, Jimi

Thanks for posting those pics, Jimi. Great collection! :D

jetlag
05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I have been fortunate enough to have done business with Jimi many times. He is a class act!! His collection is, indeed, marvelous!
Allen

Gus
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Jimi,

Thanks for posting the photos. I, too, had never seen many of those Centuri kits. Any idea what year Centuri switched away from that bluish hang tag packaging?

Jimid123
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Jimi,

Thanks for posting the photos. I, too, had never seen many of those Centuri kits. Any idea what year Centuri switched away from that bluish hang tag packaging?

Hi, I am going to just guess on this, I would say the later 60s or very early 70s. My mind just can not remember on this. Oh no I'm I getting old. Thanks, Jimi

Jimid123
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I have been fortunate enough to have done business with Jimi many times. He is a class act!! His collection is, indeed, marvelous!
Allen

Thanks Allen, Glade you like the photos. When I get more time I will post some others. Jimi

Jimid123
05-08-2009, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=jetlag]I have been fortunate enough to have done business with Jimi many times. He is a class act!! His collection is, indeed, marvelous!
Allen[/QUOTE

Hi Allen, Here are more photos

Centuri Saturn Vs In two types of boxes
Centuri Saturn 1Bs in Two Types Of Boxes
Centuri Little Joe II
Centuri Orion In Box and Bag packaging
Estes Pre Demon Big Bertha later packaging with Face Card
Enerjet A Div. of Centuri Nike-Smoke
Enerjet A Div. of Centuri 2650 Sounding Rocket

Enjoy, Jimi

Jimid123
05-08-2009, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=jetlag]I have been fortunate enough to have done business with Jimi many times. He is a class act!! His collection is, indeed, marvelous!
Allen[/QUOTE

Hi Allen, Here are more photos

Centuri Saturn Vs In two types of boxes
Centuri Saturn 1Bs in Two Types Of Boxes
Centuri Little Joe II
Centuri Orion In Box and Bag packaging
Estes Pre Demon Big Bertha later packaging with Face Card
Enerjet A Div. of Centuri Nike-Smoke

Enjoy, Jimi

Enerjet A Div. of Centuri Athena

Thanks Again and Enjoy, Jimi

Ltvscout
05-08-2009, 08:04 AM

Enjoy, Jimi
Whoa!

Would you do the rocketry community a huge favor, Jimi? Since the box is open, would you scan the plans, decals and fin templates of this kit and send me the scans to put up on Ye Olde Rocket Plans?

We'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Oh, if you have an open 2250, 1340 or 1340/20 Sounding Rocket I could use those scans as well.

You can find tips on how to do the scans for me here:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/sendscans.htm

snaquin
05-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Whoa!

Would you do the rocketry community a huge favor, Jimi? Since the box is open, would you scan the plans, decals and fin templates of this kit and send me the scans to put up on Ye Olde Rocket Plans?

Oh, if you have an open 2250, 1340 or 1340/20 Sounding Rocket I could use those scans as well.

Not too many of those babies left in the wild ..... very rare indeed to have one still in kit form!

If any one of those EnerJet sounding rocket kits you mentioned were in my possession they would be the prize of my collection and treated as royalty. :D

The fin dimensions on the 2650 should match the upper stage fins of the "Uprated" version drawn by Gary Rosenfield that are posted on Ye Olde Rocket Plans. The uprated was a 2650 sustainer with an added booster stage.

The fin dimensions for the 2250 are on the other plan set on YORP.

It would be great to have all of the scans you mentioned to archive on YORP and the fin scan to compare to the drawings

Jimid123
05-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Whoa!

Hi Scott, I will see what I can do on this for you as my scaner has not been working for the past several months now. Thanks, Jimi

von Braun
05-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Did the original Apogee have any type of payload section or was it just a rocket with a standard nose cone? I understand it was shorter than the Apogee II. I'm wanting to order separate parts from Semroc later this year to build a clone Apogee.

Jimid123
05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Did the original Apogee have any type of payload section or was it just a rocket with a standard nose cone? I understand it was shorter than the Apogee II. I'm wanting to order separate parts from Semroc later this year to build a clone Apogee.

Hi both the Apogees have a clear payload section. The booster is much shorter on the Apogee than the Apogee II version.

Take Care, Jimi