PDA

View Full Version : Old Design -- 1.00X Centuri Micron

Tau Zero
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
This one's pretty self-explanatory. :rolleyes:

This is a Semroc-components implementation of the 1972 version of the Centuri Micron. The only difference from the Semroc kit is a rounded nose cone as a substitute for the plastic Centuri nose cone (PNC-73, IIRC).

For the second set of simulations, I added a WW-7 washer weight to improve the performances slightly.

And since our own Craig McGraw would probably tell me to plug a 13mm mount in, I did that as well. So here you go, 13 and 18mm versions of the Centuri Micron, with apologies :eek: :o (and enthusiastic waves :D :chuckle: ) to Carl and all at Semroc.

Ltvscout
04-04-2009, 10:38 PM
This one's pretty self-explanatory. :rolleyes: .
Take a look at the Micron in the '64 catalog. The fins have a different shape than this one and Semroc's offering. Note that the corners are more rounded. That's why I didn't think the "mystery" rocket on eBay I posted about was a Micron at first, even with the fins on wrong. Then I saw the different shaped fins on the Micron in the '64 catalog.

CPMcGraw
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
...And since our own Craig McGraw would probably tell me to plug a 13mm mount in, I did that as well...

I'm surprised it does so poorly on the full A3-4. :eek: :D Wonder what it might have done on an imaginary A3-5 or A3-6... :D

That 1/2A3-4T entry looks promising, though. 300' on 1/2A power is not shabby at all!