PDA

View Full Version : Newstands or Bookstores that sell Sport Rocketry

snaquin
10-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Since Hurricane Katrina I have been unable to find Sport Rocketry on the newstand or in bookstores in and around my area.

The last two issues I picked up are May/June 2005 and July/August 2005 at a newstand that was flooded and is in the rebuild process. It will probably be another month or so before I can get a copy there and I have looked at Books A Million, Barnes & Noble but they do not handle it.

Are there any bookstores or vendors online that sell Sport Rocketry? I'm not an NAR member but I do enjoy the magazine.

Thanks!

CPMcGraw
10-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Since Hurricane Katrina I have been unable to find Sport Rocketry on the newstand or in bookstores in and around my area.

The last two issues I picked up are May/June 2005 and July/August 2005 at a newstand that was flooded and is in the rebuild process. It will probably be another month or so before I can get a copy there and I have looked at Books A Million, Barnes & Noble but they do not handle it.

Are there any bookstores or vendors online that sell Sport Rocketry? I'm not an NAR member but I do enjoy the magazine.

Thanks!

At One Time...

Hobbytown USA here in Mobile, AL sold Sport Rocketry, but I don't think I've seen it in a while. Maybe I don't visit at the right times, but I know they used to carry it...

barone
10-22-2005, 07:24 AM

Thanks!
Steve,

If you'd like, if I find the most recent issue (Sep-Oct 2005) at the hobby shop today, I'll pick it up for you.

Don
NAR 53455

Green Dragon
10-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I have not seen Sport Rocketry on a newstand in afes.. wasn;t even aware they still had distibution .

ANy tips on what outlets might have it, let me know as well 9 Barnes & Noble used to have it, but not now )

~ AL

snaquin
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
At One Time...

Hobbytown USA here in Mobile, AL sold Sport Rocketry, but I don't think I've seen it in a while. Maybe I don't visit at the right times, but I know they used to carry it...

Hey, this is good news! My wifes brother lives in Mobile and we visit him every once in a while. I'll see if I can find that address in an internet search and keep it in the car. Thanks! :D

Steve,

If you'd like, if I find the most recent issue (Sep-Oct 2005) at the hobby shop today, I'll pick it up for you.

Don
NAR 53455

Don I would appreciate that very much if you could. Let me know what I owe you and I'll send you some $$$ and burn you some rocketry images on CD-R and send that along too. I was late responding to stuff today, I actually flew some rockets and a saucer I won in the last EMRR design contest. My wife ribbed me about that saucer all day telling me it looked like a toy and it was only paper. I made sure she was watching when the 38mm H48 motor burned for 8 seconds sending that little paper toy to a respectable altitude. It was a fun day! I'll post some pics.

I have not seen Sport Rocketry on a newstand in afes.. wasn;t even aware they still had distibution .

ANy tips on what outlets might have it, let me know as well 9 Barnes & Noble used to have it, but not now )

~ AL

Tell me about it :( I checked every online book retailer and every brick and mortar store during frequent trips to Baton Rouge and into town, nobody has it. There was one store I used to get it at and I've been reading it now for a year or so and I was really bummed they got flooded by the Hurricane so they lost a lot of the stock and mail is slow, very slow. When I was a kid the library had it. I called the local library and they don't even have it.

Arley Davis
11-12-2005, 09:45 PM
If you become an NAR member you will receive the magazine in the mail as part of your membership.