PDA

View Full Version : Get your own instant collection!

Ltvscout
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Estes-Astron-Rocket-Collection_W0QQitemZ200336112256QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200336112256&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

sj_h1
04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
$3000!!!! This has got be somebody idea of a joke! :chuckle:

SEL
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM

No joke - each one of those kits would probaly sell for $100 +. The Saturn1B, even with the missing parts would probaly sell for 250 - 300 dollars. A pre-Damon Mars Snooper - who knows?
Some of the kits he lists as 'pre-Damon' I don't think are (HJ, Gemini Titan, Thor Agena, ARCAS look to have the Damon logo), but still not a bad batch.

S.

dwmzmm
04-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Heck, if I had money to burn I'd buy that collection in a heartbeat! :D

tbzep
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd love to have all of those. I'd also love to be able to blow $3000 without severe consequences to my bank account. :rolleyes:

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I'd love to have all of those. I'd also love to be able to blow $3000 without severe consequences to my bank account. :rolleyes:

And your nads when the wife found out. :eek:

Davidtmp
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
If I had the money to burn(come on lottery), I'd buy it and build them all!! :chuckle:

JRThro
04-27-2009, 10:54 PM
That's what I'd be more concerned about, even if I had the money in the first place.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

rokitflite
04-28-2009, 12:24 AM
If he would throw an athletic supporter and a cup into the auction that might help. ;)

Mint in package preferably.

Royatl
04-28-2009, 01:20 AM

Nope. If this had been a couple of years ago I would've been jumping on this one.

kurtschachner
04-28-2009, 07:37 AM

http://www.diapernet.org/

gerryfortin
04-28-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't believe the asking price is too out of line; just a tad high but then again how long would it take you to build this type of collection?

I would rather build a collection kit by kit and try to find the better condition kits rather than buying up a full collection like the one listed. There probably is quite a variation in the condition of the individual kits.

Shreadvector
04-28-2009, 08:38 AM
If he would throw an athletic supporter and a cup into the auction that might help. ;)

Those were on sale at Walmart for $2 last week. They were probably getting rid of the old stock to make room for new stock that has been tested (like the rockets).

ghrocketman
04-28-2009, 08:42 AM
That guy has bumped his head, HARD !
If ALL of those kits were "GEM MINT" and ALL unopened, maybe he would get close to that if he sold them separately.
MANY of these are OPENED and not sealed which to many drops the value of the kit AT LEAST in HALF.
I would be surprised if someone even offered this seller $2000 for the entire lot, let alone $3K !

jetlag
04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
If ALL of those kits were "GEM MINT" and ALL unopened, maybe he would get close to that if he sold them separately.
MANY of these are OPENED and not sealed which to many drops the value of the kit AT LEAST in HALF.
I would be surprised if someone even offered this seller $2000 for the entire lot, let alone $3K !

Quite true, GH. I saw a mint, unopened Pre-Damon Mars Snooper I bid around $120 for actually go for nearly $900 on Ebay!!! :eek: I guess it goes according to what exactly you want and how bad you want it. I think some get carried away with the bidding, especially at the near end of the auction when the sniping starts and the fever hits. I imagine the guy put a max bid of $1000 on it, and folks ran it up 'til it got ridiculous. Ouch!
Might need to put that one in a safety deposit box!
Still, It'd be nice to have $3k to throw at that collection if one had it to spare. Sell off the opened kits to recoup some of the $ on the gems you'd like to keep.

Edit: That kit sold around 2 years ago, long before the economy tanked.

Allen

Ltvscout
04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Quite true, GH. I saw a Pre-Damon Mars Snooper I bid around $120 for actually go for nearly $900 on Ebay!!! :eek:
Whoa! Are you serious? I have one of those. I guess I better transfer it to my box at the bank. ;)

Eagle3
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Scott, that was the FUNNIEST ebay auction evah!

Phred
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I still love telling people about "Mint in the package"!!

Ph

SEL
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM

????!!! I count FOUR out of TWENTYTHREE kits OPENED! He STATES IN THE DESCRIPTION that the KITS are in GOOD TO EXCELLENT condition. His ONLY MISTAKE is selling them as a LOT - he'd probably MAKE A LOT MORE MONEY
selling them SEPERATLEY!!! :D :D :D

S.

JRThro
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
????!!! I count FOUR out of TWENTYTHREE kits OPENED! He STATES IN THE DESCRIPTION that the KITS are in GOOD TO EXCELLENT condition. His ONLY MISTAKE is selling them as a LOT - he'd probably MAKE A LOT MORE MONEY
selling them SEPERATLEY!!! :D :D :D

S.
Sean, do you REALLY think so?? I WONDER sometimes how much MORE or less things would go for if sold SEPARATELY versus in BULK!
;)

rokitflite
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Scott, that was the FUNNIEST ebay auction evah!

You guys still remember that? I'm flattered :D

I still have that picture.

JRThro
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Yikes. I wish I had seen that one.

Very nice shirt, Scott... er, Jeff (?).

rokitflite
04-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Yikes. I wish I had seen that one.

Very nice shirt, Scott... er, Jeff (?).

It was an auction I posted on Ebay making fun of some of the auctions that were being held at that time. The shirt was like that because someone put up a "vintage Estes rockets t-shirt" for some absurd amount like $30. It was like a white undershirt with one of the Estes iron-ons on it. It had a hole in it, several stains and the owners name (Jeff) WRITTEN on the shirt (by a 5 year old probably) with a green magic marker... It did not sell. :rolleyes:

ghrocketman
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
You think that's bad, I have seen half-eaten cheeseburgers as well as actual dawg excrement for sale on ebay. They both actually had bids too. :rolleyes: :eek:

JRThro
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
You think that's bad, I have seen half-eaten cheeseburgers as well as actual dawg excrement for sale on ebay. They both actually had bids too. :rolleyes: :eek:
But were they *celebrity* half-eaten cheeseburgers and dog sh... I mean, excrement?
:eek:

Der Red Max
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
But were they *celebrity* half-eaten cheeseburgers and dog sh......aving cream, real nice and clean,
shave every day and you'll always look clean!

sandman
04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
...aving cream, real nice and clean,

OMG!!! :eek:

I thought I was the only person that remembered that stupid song! :chuckle:

Royatl
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM

You dare underestimate the power of Dr. Demento!?!?

ghrocketman
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Too bad this guy does not have the "Best Offer" option for this auction.
I'd offer him $39.98 PLUS a half-eaten RANCID Cheezburger, a half-consumed totally melted Cherry Slurpee, a case of well-aged steel-can BLATZ Beer, and a free copy of the Frantics "Boot to the Head" song made famous on the Dr.Demento show.
With the price of $3000 he either has TAKEN far too many "Boots To The Head", or NEEDS a good, firm "Boot To The Head" RITE NOW !

Ltvscout
04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
You dare underestimate the power of Dr. Demento!?!?
I'm looking over, my dead dog rover who I hit with the power mower, one leg is missing the other is gone, the third leg is scattered all over the lawn...

Pencil neck geek, grit eatin' freak, scum suckin', pea head with a lousy physique. He's a one man, no gut, losing streak. Nothin' but a pencil neck geek.

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly, fish heads. Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum. (sung by Will Robinson (Billy Mumy))

Dr. D rules!

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

I remember riding to basketball practice one night when it came on the radio. My Dad was most definitely not amused, especially when I started singing along and laughing. He didn't have much of a sense of humor for that kind of stuff. (But the idea of "Boogie Fever" almost reduced him to tears. He asked if you got it from picking your nose. :rolleyes: )

lmerdan
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
...aving cream, real nice and clean,

Good old Benny Bell. Every time I meet up with a particular college buddy we end up singing that song... after a few beers.

jetlag
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM

No buyers yet with about 12 hours to go......... :chuckle:

Allen

Doug Sams
05-01-2009, 10:30 AM
$3000!!!! This has got be somebody idea of a joke!http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/images/smilies/chuckle.gif No buyers yet with about 12 hours to go......... http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/images/smilies/chuckle.gif
Frankly, I'm not sure it's priced all that high. It's just that, in aggregate, that's a lot of discretionary cash for most of us. I suspect the seller could get close to 3 grand total, maybe more, if he split it up into more affordable chunks.

Doug

jetlag
05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Frankly, I'm not sure it's priced all that high. It's just that, in aggregate, that's a lot of discretionary cash for most of us. I suspect the seller could get close to 3 grand total, maybe more, if he split it up into more affordable chunks.

Doug

Absolutely agreed! Especially if that Mars Snooper grabbed something close to the $900 I saw one go for about 2 years ago. Never can tell, though :rolleyes:
Perhaps this guy needs some real dough fast. Wonder what the Ebay and Paypal fees are on $3000.........
Allen

motley16
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM
3k is not that bad. that is 125.00 per kit. :)

Mikus
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
and a free copy of the Frantics "Boot to the Head" song made famous on the Dr.Demento show.

Oh man do I love "Boot to the Head". :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Tae Kwon Leep (Boot to the Head) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Y6231uAmo)

Poor Ed Gruberman.... But that's probably how I would feel if I told Her: "3k is not that bad. that is 125.00 per kit" :eek: ;)