PDA

View Full Version : LAUNCH Missile online now!

Carl@Semroc
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
The LAUNCH Missile (production version) is online now. About 25 have serial numbers.

chanstevens
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
The LAUNCH Missile (production version) is online now. About 25 have serial numbers.

Dang, I noticed them available last night but figured they would not be numbered, so didn't order one.

Are these packaged any differently than the original batch? I want to build one sometime soon, but hate to break into a collectible one.

Carl@Semroc
05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Dang, I noticed them available last night but figured they would not be numbered, so didn't order one.

Are these packaged any differently than the original batch? I want to build one sometime soon, but hate to break into a collectible one.Sheryl sneaked them online without even telling ME!

They do have the blue headers. The first 300 did not.

chanstevens
05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Sheryl sneaked them online without even telling ME!

They do have the blue headers. The first 300 did not.

Hey, I'm just checking your site out every hour or so waiting for the Saturn V to come out. Thank goodness I'm about to lose my job (our plant shuts down next month) so I can make sure that one doesn't slip past me.

Carl@Semroc
05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey, I'm just checking your site out every hour or so waiting for the Saturn V to come out. Thank goodness I'm about to lose my job (our plant shuts down next month) so I can make sure that one doesn't slip past me.It is not ready yet!

I am going to start a new thread soon about the SatV. I am going to send about 10 pre-production kits out to people that can give me quick feedback.

The reason this is time sensitive is the upcoming 40th anniversary. There is a buzz about 40 for the 40th.

dwmzmm
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
It is not ready yet!

I am going to start a new thread soon about the SatV. I am going to send about 10 pre-production kits out to people that can give me quick feedback.

The reason this is time sensitive is the upcoming 40th anniversary. There is a buzz about 40 for the 40th.

Who are you sending them to? I'm sort of "burned out" after back to back Skill Level - 5
builds the past few months (Estes K-29 Saturn 1-B and the Noris 1/60 scale Vostok upgraded). Well, I suppose I could kick myself back into gear if I have to..... :D

Mark II
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Who are you sending them to? I'm sort of "burned out" after back to back Skill Level - 5
builds the past few months (Estes K-29 Saturn 1-B and the Noris 1/60 scale Vostok upgraded). Well, I suppose I could kick myself back into gear if I have to..... :D
Well, you know what they say, Dave...

...one good Saturn deserves another! :D

OK, I'm logging out now...

MarkII

CPMcGraw
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
It is not ready yet!

Ouch!

Carl, I hope that "40 for the 40th" isn't due before July! I don't think any of us could work that quickly! :eek: Not and do it justice, that is...

Consider me interested, nonetheless... :D

barone
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Well, if you weren't too disappointed in my last one, count me in......

foose4string
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Carl, I'd be happy to be 1 of 10... if you need. ;) If I know there is a deadline I can usually get stuff done pretty quick. Loads of time to build while the kids are at school and ample room to fly when I step out the back door(provided we don't get saturated with rain like we have been). :rolleyes:

chanstevens
05-06-2009, 06:22 AM

A couple mitigating factors to bear in mind:

1--It sounds like these are build feedback models, not centerpieces, so probably wouldn't even need to finish paint them, just build them ASAP. He's also looking for kit feedback, not asking us to stretch it beyond kit form into a masterpiece

2--A V is a [heck] of a lot easier to paint/finish than a Ib

3--At $50 retail, how complex can this really be? It should be on par with a Saturn Press/Alway, roughly double a Zooch kit, nowhere near an Apogee. The main challenges I see to it are the tower and the fairing/fin units, and I think everyone knows what we think about building those towers already (though I'll sign up for another one just so I can continue to moan to Carl & the gang that I've built [lots] of towers/Saturns and still don't have one in my own fleet yet :D .

barone
05-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Oh, that's even better. I like to critique instructions when I build things. Haven't had to do it so much with Semroc's though.......