PDA

View Full Version : RockSim v9 Bug Fix Coming

Ltvscout
05-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I got this in the latest Apogee newsletter early this morning:

RockSim v9 Bug Fix Coming

I just found out that there is a minor bug-fix to RockSim that will be available to all RockSim users in the next day or two. The biggest fix is that you'll be able to print out graphs again. As soon as I get a complete list of fixes, I'll post them on the Apogee web site at: http://www.apogeerockets.com/rocksim_history.asp

The other news is that we're testing the demo edition of RockSim v9. Up until now, our free demo was of the older version 8.0. We wanted to make sure we got all the bugs worked out before sending out the v9 trial because we didn't want people to think that the software has a lot of bugs (it had a few minor issues, but nothing major). Watch for that announcement coming soon.

GregGleason
05-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Scott,

Do you help Tim with his web site?

Greg

Ltvscout
05-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Scott,

Do you help Tim with his web site?

Greg
No, I'm not the one that does his site.

GregGleason
05-13-2009, 11:09 AM
No, I'm not the one that does his site.

Yes, I guess "help" doesn't quite fit the description.

FWIW, I think the Apogee site is one of the most professional looking web sites devoted to rocketry, in both style and content. It's not amateurish at all. I think that it is better than NAR's, and certainly better than TRA's (and I am a TRA member). Although TRA was planning to revamp their site, at least a while back they did.

Do you dabble in web sites, or is it part of your professional suite of activities?

Greg

Ltvscout
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Do you dabble in web sites, or is it part of your professional suite of activities?
I'm in IT, but I just do hardware stuff and network support. I only dabble in web sites. My sites (other than the vBulletin forum here) are old FrontPage templates from around 2001 or 2002. I am by no means an HTML guru. ;)

Yes, the Apogee site is nice. Anything is better than what the NAR has unfortunately.

mycrofte
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Sounds like me. What little HTML I know is old stuff now. Then again, I hate all this web 2.0 crap! Mostly those little boxes that keep popping up while my mouse moves across the screen. Who ever came up with that needs a bullet in the head (for the good of society).

CPMcGraw
05-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Apogee just sent out the Newsletter notice to my inbox, and it mentions the RockSim update. It's described as 9.0.5 build 80. I'm running 9.0.4 build 78, but my updater is not finding the new build. I'm wondering if the new build has actually been put on the server yet...

Ltvscout
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Apogee just sent out the Newsletter notice to my inbox, and it mentions the RockSim update. It's described as 9.0.5 build 80. I'm running 9.0.4 build 78, but my updater is not finding the new build. I'm wondering if the new build has actually been put on the server yet...
Fire off an email to Tim. It's showing in the "fixes" section on the Apogee site.

snaquin
05-20-2009, 06:44 PM

The new build never came down for me either via the update feature when I just tried it .....

I've been checking daily for it.

CPMcGraw
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Tim replied to my email earlier today, and says the file is available through this URL:

http://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocksim_registration.asp

rstaff3
05-28-2009, 04:31 PM
For the last few days, Rsim 9 announces the update is available but the download immediately fails. As suggested, I grabbed it directly from the site.

pantherjon
05-29-2009, 07:24 AM
My RS said there was an update and I downloaded it..But it didn't automatically install as stated..I manually installed it and it kept crashing when I tried to run it..So, I 'rolled back' using the Build 78 update..:confused:

Ltvscout
05-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Has anyone reported all these update issues to Tim yet?

peter_stanley
05-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I downloaded the upgrade a few days ago, using the rocksim updater. After downloading, it said it would install after closing Rocksim. I closed Rocksim, but it didn't install. I browsed to C:\Program Files\RockSim 9 and manually ran the upgrade file, rocksim_PC_prod_9.0.5f80_update.exe and it seemed to work. The about screen in Rocksim shows the current build.

I think there is a bug in the updater.

CPMcGraw
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I downloaded the file from the website and installed it manually, since Build 78 couldn't even see the update. Build 80 seems to be working normally right now, but until the next build shows up, I won't know if the updater is working.

Everyone who is experiencing issues should send Tim an email describing the problem. Obviously something is not working right, so they need to hear from us users...

jackman
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I downloaded the file from the website and installed it manually, since Build 78 couldn't even see the update. Build 80 seems to be working normally right now, but until the next build shows up, I won't know if the updater is working.

Everyone who is experiencing issues should send Tim an email describing the problem. Obviously something is not working right, so they need to hear from us users...

I had to do the very same thing. I'm also getting an error when attempting to use the Help files:
"Cannot load sqlite database driver!"

Has anybody else seen this error message or know of a fix? I sent Tim a message as well.

CPMcGraw
06-18-2009, 07:36 AM
I had to do the very same thing. I'm also getting an error when attempting to use the Help files:
"Cannot load sqlite database driver!"

Has anybody else seen this error message or know of a fix? I sent Tim a message as well.

I didn't notice it on 78, and 80 appears to be working. I'm running Vista's Ultimatum, so if there were any compatibility issues it would have shown up by now. Try installing the program into a new folder. If you installed to the earlier folder, there might be a rogue file not being set up correctly.