PDA

View Full Version : Estes Vampire 0704 Decal Scan

tbzep
05-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Estes Vampire 0704 Decal Scan, from the Firing Line series. Anybody got a decal scan or redraw?

Yes, the purple Jinx is from the same mold.

Royatl
05-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Estes Vampire 0704 Decal Scan, from the Firing Line series. Anybody got a decal scan or redraw?

Yes, the purple Jinx is from the same mold.

I can take pictures of mine, will that help?

Have you got an extra (or two) motor retainers? I have both Vampire and Jinx and no motor retainers. I was going to make a mold and make a few copies if I could get my hands on one.

tbzep
05-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I can take pictures of mine, will that help?

Have you got an extra (or two) motor retainers? I have both Vampire and Jinx and no motor retainers. I was going to make a mold and make a few copies if I could get my hands on one.

My daughter has a Jinx. I reckon I could sneak in there and swipe it for you to borrow and make your molds. :cool:

If you can set it up where there's no barrel distortion from the wide angle lenses in most digital cams, and get straight out in front of each decal, it might be accurate enough to do the job. I guess the decals were pre-installed on the Firing Line kits, so there likely has never been any true scans ever made.

AcroRay
10-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey! I just got a Vampire that needs decals (well, at least the main body tube decals) and has two retainer clips. So I could use a good photo of the decal, and could loan out a retainer clip for replication. :)